$350,000 in fines for posting fake online reviews.......

SMRBAP

Supportive Member
Name
Anthony
New York AG just settled with 19 companies who wrote fake reviews about themselves online to the tune of $350k :eekk:

After some quick research - it's something that may begin to spread to many other states.

There seems to be interest for a big push for legislation for this - believe it or not.

FredC

Village Idiot
"WE" must not include "Moks" "Jeff,and "Jerry"

....to name a few

Last edited:
Name
Torrey Whitaker
New York AG just settled with 19 companies who wrote fake reviews about themselves online to the tune of $350k :eekk:

After some quick research - it's something that may begin to spread to many other states.

There seems to be interest for a big push for legislation for this - believe it or not.

Hey it's Indy all pro!

I don't think we've meet. We should link up sometime.

Have you meet Tom yet?

SMRBAP

Supportive Member
Name
Anthony
I do not believe have had the pleasure. That'd be great. PM me your info when you get the chance.

Vivers

Supportive Member
Name
Bill
That's fine with me and I hope they crackdown on false reviews like negative reviews from competitors or defamation of character type reviews

Reactions: Steve Lawrence

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
What a joke!

The NYS ag should spend our resources more wisely then auditing online reviews. Gimme a break, i can 100% guarantee someone will lose their life savings today because of some wall street shenanigans.

The goobernment can't do everything for us, "the people" have to think for themselves every so often.

SMRBAP

Supportive Member
Name
Anthony
After some additional research - may not even need new legislation, existing laws and regulations in pretty much all states with any moderate consumer protection laws would cover their ability to start effecting fines, even retroactively.

I agree, the AG's nationally have a lot more effective ways to "protect" consumers on a larger scale - this however may be seen as an easy money machine for them and suit followed elsewhere.

Back
Top Bottom