360 streaking issue

Mikey P

Administrator
On dirty thick light colored piles it's pretty easy to cause some streaking if you use a side to side motion with your 360i.
I'm thinking its the dead spot in the center of the head that is getting less flushing action on the first pass or two. I tried to fix the streaks by cleaning at a 90º but it didn't help much
I experimented with different motions today with some success with a swirly figure 8 sort of swipe..

567005.jpg

After pre spray, before rinsing..

567002.jpg

567004.jpg

Mikey P

Administrator
Yes Donald we use it every day, not every job but every day. Insted of breaking out the 175 and shampoo brush we use this baby on dirty carpet.

06 jetting.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Mikey P said:
Full timers consider that Dirty and charge for it.

That is "lightly soiled"..... :roll:

You would "think"...that just CraNkInG the Mighty "V"...at the neighbors house.... :!:

Would have cleaned that carpet ...by...PROXY.... :shock:

lance

That picture reminds me of the arguments of OP machines and cotton pads tip-blooming the carpet.

I am not trying to be funny. Just a comment is all.

Are you going to up the jet size any? What would happen if you had 010 on it?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
When they train you after you buy a Chem-Dry, they teach you to clean in that motion.
Although it is "side to side figure eights" sort of.
It eliminates the streaking and gets all sides of the fiber.

After a years of doing it, you tend to get it right or get out of doing it.

Do I have to teach you guys everything?? :mrgreen:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Looks like it did a great job, why do you suppose they make the head so small? It seems like if they would add a few inches the production would be so much better!

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
you did vacuum?

could be just the wand pattern and shading where you're seeing the streaking. You wouldn't get that with a Fig8 pattern.
As long as you're overlapping enough you shouldn'[t have to worry about the center area.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Doc Holliday said:
Looks like it did a great job, why do you suppose they make the head so small? It seems like if they would add a few inches the production would be so much better!

Listen Chavez, you can't reproduce everything your wife says to you into a carpet cleaning instruction. :mrgreen:

Studebaker

Name
Studebaker
When I use a rotary I do three passes side to side then cover the same area forward and back. And groom as you go, don't wait. Especialy if you are using an airpath

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom