360i best investment for me so far.

i love my 360i been getting outstanding results on trashed carpets. especially on matted fibers does wonders, makes the carpet look new again. how about you other guys who own one what kind of results have you been getting? was it worth it you..p.s works so good you can just clean with your rinse and still get a good result without applying your ps if you wanted too.

Wandslinger

Name
Tom Meyer
Agree on the best investment. On trashed carpets, I sometimes prescrub with the Host machine and then super rinse it with the 360I. Nothing will out beat that combo, period...

royalkid

Supportive Member
Name
Gulf Coast Carpet Care
for those who own (or have tried) both the RX-20 & the 360i, which is better...and why?

Thanx.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
royalkid said:
for those who own (or have tried) both the RX-20 & the 360i, which is better...and why?

Thanx.

Peter, I'm an old fart and I have both.

My RX20 is the older slow speed model, much like me thathurts

I bought the 360i due to it's low weight and have been continually amazed just how good a job this little lightweight machine is.

I can take it up several flights of stairs in one hand, jobs that I would have knocked back with the RX.

Don't get me wrong, the RX had saved many carpets for me since I bought it over 15 years ago and has been a brilliant machine with not one breakdown, apart from a split vac hose that was on it when I bought it.

It still has the original Green Glides fitted to the five vac ports.

As I say, it is the slow speed model with the long cowling over the motor and small wheels which make it awkward to manouver around.

It also has a self contained module that allowed me to take it up into high rise (in an elevator) shiteatinggrin, and hook up to a faucet, power and waste area, and clean the carpets with no other vacuum or waste pump, etc;

Comparison in work with either a porty or tm, to me, they have been about equal, I can't honestly say that one is any better than the other, although the 360i is a breeze to use compared to the RX, UNLESS you are used to working with a rotary machine.

Ease of use, I still prefer the 360i.

When you are lifting these things in and out of your vehicle, the 360i wins hands down.

The big wheels on the fast speed RX's would make that easier to move around, but with the 360i, you can carry it in one hand.

Both machines have identical accessories such as drive board for pads or bonnets, brush for t & g, as well as the carpet cleaning head.

The 360i doesn't have the felt seal like the RX, that needs oiling regularly.

The 360i has an added accessory in the attachment for stair cleaning, which I have yet to try.

The collapsible handle on the 360i makes for a very compact unit taking up less space in the van.

Even if I was forty years younger, I would take the 360i over the RX in an instant.

Hope this helps without confusing you more.

Shorty Down Under.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
I would trade my rx for the same reasons as Shorty.

The 360i doesn't have the felt seal like the RX, that needs oiling regularly.

Though they say the rx needs the oil, I only did it the first time I ran it. A few times a year I have to replace the metal plate that the felt rides on (ten bucks). I guess it warps due to friction but other then that no other problem with not using oil.

Albert

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
I have gained 10 lbs since I got my RV. It makes my job sooo easy! I have an RX20 and an RV. The RX is for restaurants but it stays in the truck for ALL residential.

The best money I spent in 2010!

Mike Draper

royalkid said:

Thanx.

Your RX-20 is a pile of shit. Used to have one, cleans no where near as well as the 360i. I told you this back in the day when you were spouting off about on the board how great your chem dry RX-20 was. Should have listened then, you would be light years ahead of the game. Damn, I hate being right. 8)

royalkid

Supportive Member
Name
Gulf Coast Carpet Care
Mike Draper said:
royalkid said:

Thanx.

Your RX-20 is a pile of shit. Used to have one, cleans no where near as well as the 360i. I told you this back in the day when you were spouting off about on the board how great your chem dry RX-20 was. Should have listened then, you would be light years ahead of the game. Damn, I hate being right. 8)

Huh, RX-20 POS? Really man. It seems that no one says the 360i out cleans the RX-20 (other than you)...more seem to like it for it's light weight, added/newer features and no felt o-ring...like Albert said...i don't use the oil either.

My RX-20 is awesome and IMO is the best out there...but i haven't tried the 360i, will check it out soon. There may be some great machines out there...but i don't think ANYTHING out there will make an RX-20 look/clean like a POS. And Mike, when (back in the day) did you tell me the 360i was the way to go?

Anywayz, thanx for the input guys. Look forward to checking it out this year.

Brett

Shorty stated, the 360i doesn't have the felt seal like the RX, that needs oiling regularly. Shorty, my 360i is new and has the felt seal. What does yours have and how new is it.

Name
Nate W.
Brett said:
Shorty stated, the 360i doesn't have the felt seal like the RX, that needs oiling regularly. Shorty, my 360i is new and has the felt seal. What does yours have and how new is it.

All rotovac including the rv360i's have a felt seal. The rx20's have a felt seal that Needs to be oiled unlike the rotovacs. Depending on the use with the rotovacs, depends on how often you need to change the seals.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Thanks Nate, that's what I tried to say, but I talk funny. !gotcha!

To be honest, with my old RX20, I only used to oil the felt every six months or so. :oops:

Shorty Down Under

Brett

Rotovac recommends Dupont Silicone/Teflon spray for the felt. Anyone using that?

PTMatt

Name
Matt Martinez
I bought my 360i a little over a month ago and love it! I hav'nt had to break out the 175 since.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom