360i carpet brush head?

PTMatt

Name
Matt Martinez
Just ordered my new 360i and wondered how the carpet brush head works? Do most you this attachment or just the standard cleaning head?

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
I only read Olson post about it saying that someone bought one and returned it, Makes sense; you can have a carpet brush or you can have a vacuum head making contact extracting the water. You can't have both. I'm betting you won't be happy with it.

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
The brush head will scrub and suck at the same time.

However, I had it and it sucked! The RV 360i's motor is too small. The brush head will pull the motor down to a stop.

Dont waste your money.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Adam;

I've run the 360i Brush Head on several different carpets (level loop and typical plush) . . .

without seeing any slowdown of RPM.

Was the brush brand new ?

Nylon will absorb moisture, and break-in after a few jobs.

Larry

Brett

I didn't order the brush because I was afraid it might bog the motor. Adam, what kind of carpet bogged your's. Maybe rotovac needs some teflon posts extending down in several spots in the brush so the brush can't go as deep in some carpets, and I suppose they could be made adjustable for height maybe so you could still clean in lower cut piles deeper. Or different sizes that you could just screw into the base in 3 or 4 places.

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
It was new. I tried it on several types of carpet and all would pull the motor down. Maybe Larry is right, I did not break it in enough.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
I have person who loves it and the rest didn't care for it. Hard for me to endorse it with those numbers. I is truly one of those you have to try it yourself to decide. Call menninger and we'll talk about me sending it with your 360i to try.

Brett

What's a menninger?

Bee Busy

Name
Bee Busy
that thing sounds like a piece of poo...how much does that cost? how can u put bristle rings on that thing on carpet with suck? yer gonna work yer ass off..worse than a turbo on a flat hard surface without a brushring...am I right?

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Brett said:
What's a menninger?

Damn I phone. That was call me in the morning. I need to proof read before hitting submit.. :shock:

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
The original rotovac was good but the RV3609 has sucked ass and I have the brush head as well.

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
Dipwad GC said:
The original rotovac was good but the RV3609 has sucked ass and I have the brush head as well.
So you like the original dual counter rotating RV better than the 360i RV. Could you expand on the reasons? I am still using the original. Each seem to have their advantages.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I thought overall control of the unit was better, the heads on the original were more like little heat cups, agitation is better in the original. The 360 was under powered, didn't firmly attack the carpet, trouble with the switches, tough to monitor what is actually cleaning, leaked everywhere(even in their manual it says to bring a towel to sit it on when doing something else.) the 360 would snag and moan if it got caught up, it a jet or two got plugeed you couldn't really tell. All and all it is a POS

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
Dipwad GC said:
I thought overall control of the unit was better, the heads on the original were more like little heat cups, agitation is better in the original. The 360 was under powered, didn't firmly attack the carpet, trouble with the switches, tough to monitor what is actually cleaning, leaked everywhere(even in their manual it says to bring a towel to sit it on when doing something else.) the 360 would snag and moan if it got caught up, it a jet or two got plugeed you couldn't really tell. All and all it is a POS
Well its hard to argue against the original 630 in terms of cleaning ablility. It really does dig in and also creates a lot of heat on the fibers, which is what gives it the edge over scrub and wanding on the real dirty ones.

Name
Fred H
I purchased an rv360 3 years ago and got the hard surface head in addition to the carpet head. The hard surface head left a lot to be desired, so it sat on a shelf unused for quite a while. And then i saw a picture of the new carpet brush head, wow it looks just like my hard surface head except no squeegees, so I removed the squeegees and tried it on a cgd carpet, It did a great job of cleaning, left a lot of swirl marks though, but the customer was thrilled at how nice their carpet looked. The old style of hard surface head has softer brushes than the newer ones I believe, so they are gentle enough for carpet.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom