360i on Berber ?

Abigail

Name
Stacy
Hello again!
For those who use a 360i, what speed do you use on Berber? Rotovac says you need to use only 1-2 to do the job! I've only done my Berber, but what a pain in the * at that speed. I did it again last night at 5-6 and it worked better, but frankly, there is not much of a change in the appearance. I used trashed green prespray.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Hi Stacy! I'm glad you bought a 360i. Now you can compete on level terms with TMs in job quality. I always run mine at full speed (10) whether on smooth berber or thick pile. The only time I turn it down to 1 or 2 is near a tile floor or thresholds which the metal swoop heads WILL damage. Some say to turn down the speed to 6 or 7 on berber or CGD for more thorough cleaning but I never do. I just move the machine slower on bad areas.
P.S. get a 7/8" wrench to hold the nut that turns while you remove the cleaning head. That will make removing the head easy. Take off the head after every few jobs to check for cloggages and check that the felt ring is sealing.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
You can put it on whatever speed you like. Each Berber will be a little different. If the subfloor is uneven, turn it down a little. I usually stick with the wand with Berber unless the carpet is really trashed. Remember to get olefin Berber extra dry with dry strokes and air movers to help prevent wicking. Remember they are salespeople first. You, as the tech will find out what works best for you in different "real world" situations.

Russ

Abigail

Name
Stacy
Real work was what I was after. It took forever the first time- of course that was my first time with the machine (the dhx initially).
I'm happy with th 360i, it runs like the buffer I used in the army. Easy!
Hey, I have another ? Since I have the 360 and cfx, the Rotovac guys also advertise a steam shark with a diesel at 200degree and 1200psi. It looks to cost around $4500 or less.

I can't get I now, but when I upgrade... Ideas on it? I will only be a one person operation.

Last edited:

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
[video=youtube_share;IOI_SWISRW0]http://youtu.be/IOI_SWISRW0[/video]

That steam shark looks like a very cool system, but I'm sure you would need the dual 3 stage CFX when going beyond tap water pressure in cleaning.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
but when I upgrade....

you should buy a real TM, not a small pressure washer with diesel burner their marketing as a TM:icon_rolleyes:

stop listening to those people .
you'll end up spending $10K before your done and still have a half ass system .

In today's market, you can find a good quality low hour entry level TM for $8 to $12K...and be better off than with that half ass crap they're trying to push on you

STOP GETTING ADVISE FROM ROTVAC
Call Pemebertons!!!

..L.T.A.

Vivers

Supportive Member
Name
Bill
I love my Rotovac 360i and use it on Berber all the time. Only time I turn the speeds down is if I'm getting any hopping of the rotary tool.

Abigail

Name
Stacy
They are not pushing it on me and I don't get their ads. Actually, I was searching for a portable water pressure unit so tile will be easier to clean with the 360i. I thought pressure and heat was really all I needed; my cfx is a three stage.

That poped up and I was surprised.
I have been looking at a ford transit for my upgrade and I thought this may work as I already have the rest. But I guess the vacuum portion of the TM is what needs to be included rather than relying on the cfx. Ok.

Does anyone discharge their water or does everyone use a recovery tank? Perhaps I'll have to make this another post.... Are you all getting tired of me yet!

Again, I am not planning on expanding- I'm sure some people just spit their coffee on the screen- SORRY!
But if ANYTHING, I may hire one person to do the cleaning while I manage. At this point tho, I'm just a greenhorn getting my feet wet and trying to support my kids while staying out of debt!

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Don't pay attention to the naysayers, Stacy. The CFX has a dual 3 stage model available with 2 vacuum motors and two cords, not the unit you have. The vacuum power is comparable to a small truck mount. When you put the CFX on the porch, you discharge the waste water onto foundation area, the plantings, the lawn, mulch etc. like shown in the video. There is no need for a waste tank.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Not taking any sides here, God Bless, just take into account that Art here is a master production efficiency mutant.

What takes him three minutes takes the rest of us a day. In the city of 'bad boys', Master Art is possibly the baddest. And you heard it here first :winky:

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I have been looking at a ford transit for my upgrade and I thought this may work as I already have the rest. But I guess the vacuum portion of the TM is what needs to be included rather than relying on the cfx.

vac, waste tank, heat exchangers, pump all in a self contained package.

That pressure washer may "look" small, but when you add all the other things that go with it to make it clean carpets,..e.g. the vac box thingie you have to carry in and out, fuel tank for the heater, it's really not all that small.
a small foot print TM won't take up much more space in reality .
I;d bet SS370 takes up LESS room

You'll be much more efficient with a self contained TM with heat exchangers .....not to mention that diesel burner.
Look at the roof of that van at the burner vent..in another year or two the paint will be blistered and roof rusted

do what you're doing with your porty.
When your biz can support it, buy a TM

..L.T.A.

Mikey P

Administrator
I don't know about where you live but if I discharged the foamy, butyl stanky, black water that we pull from filthy tile jobs, let alone stripping jobs, onto a common area, sidewalk, street or apartment alley, I'd be in a jail cell with a bunch of shirtless dudes a whole lot uglier than Art in about 20 minutes around here..

IMO you need a waste tank.

Last edited:

John Olson

Name
John Olson
I have a prochem blazer with 1000 hours on it that I am going to put up fro 5000 with 100' of vac and solution hose and a New 2 jet wand. It will fit just fine in a transit except you will have to build a frame as the sheet metal in a transit wont safely hold ANY equipment mounted to it. I have friends on the island, Rich with Alan Janitorial that can help you as well as Pembertons as Larry Mentioned. The guys on the board are great at giving advice and you will get lots of opinions but you need to find someone close to you that you can walk into the showroom and build a relationship. Your relationship with your supplier will be as important as anything else you do in business. These guys here have been doing this a long time and they don't work well or play well with others so they HAVE to do things on their own. For the rest of us our relationships with our suppliers and that trust is what helps us grow our business. That includes me. I trust those that I do business with and when I can no longer trust then I have to move on...Why you see so many former companies that dominated the industry fade away. When you lose trust it is only a matter of time before your done. There are a few companies that are on that cliff and it makes me sad...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom