360i Preconditioning with Red Pad

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Crowley mentioned he used red pads for prescrubbing so I tried them with the pad driver on my 360i. Worked excellent. Sub 40# machine with 13' pads skims over tile and thresholds without damage, quickly scrubbed (12 minutes) 3 brs and stairs before extraction.019_zps8f5acfcb.jpg

Pad extends 1/2" beyond machine and effectively scrubs up to wall.
Collapse machine handles and scrub stairs. Pad stays in place. I usually use the swoop head on very soiled stairs, and nothing beats it. This is for light to medium soil.
020_zps249e5a38.jpg
021_zps8527fc84.jpg

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Just when we're ready to kick the bucket, Art gives us, old timers, a new lease on cleaning.

How's the red pad scrubbing compared to a rotary brush, Art?
Any effect on the fiber?

Also, have you tried the Hoss?

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Just when we're ready to kick the bucket, Art gives us, old timers, a new lease on cleaning.

How's the red pad scrubbing compared to a rotary brush, Art?
Any effect on the fiber?

Also, have you tried the Hoss?
Since I don't carry a 175 anymore, I needed something for those times I wouldn't or couldn't run the 360i. The red pad is about as aggressive as a medium brush. On a presprayed carpet it should cause no distortion. I wouldn't use it on a wool, but have successfully used a white pad on very spotted wool rugs in kitchens and dining rooms. I just got these red pads this week and the job shown is my only experience with them, but they look promising. I'll also try them for light encapping CGD. That's a lot of versatility for a small machine.
I tried the Hoss on a CGD when Eric was using his on a job. I brought my 360i and my RX20 and we compared them. I also tried out the Zipper. The Hoss was heavy and lumbering like the RX20. It cleaned about the same as my 360i. I can't imagine bringing it in on the many jobs I do per day. Eric liked the 360i better and said he might sell his Hoss and buy a 360i.

Reactions: ruff

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
epy3ejyn.jpg

Good Head : ) throw a pad under it for some extreme pre scrub action, suc n go !

360i Is a Rockin lil machine : )

Reactions: Russ T.

Mikey P

Administrator
A new red pad is too aggressive to prescribe pile carpet imo.
Use a white, tan or Tuna pad.
Red is best for Loop style or real short commercial velvets.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Interesting Art.
I borrowed the RX-20 for a day years ago and did a few jobs- hated it.

Tried both the Hoss and 360i on clients appreciation day.
I didn't like the Hoss weight and in San Francisco, I have my doubts as to how many times it will actually find it's way out of the van :winky:. Though I thought it moved much smoother on the carpet and was much more responsive. So for the cleaning movement I liked it much better.

The 360i was nice and light, however I found it movement much less smooth and I needed to exert more power to move and change directions.

However, those are just impression from a short demo, not from real cleaning experience.

Last edited:

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Used a white pad under mine for the first time today.

You don't need more than that. Reds overkill for sure.

Unflippin believable what I witnessed happen today!

Thanks MikeysBoard : )

Reactions: Art Kelley

NW Spotless

Name
Jay
Nice!
Never considered using a red pad to pre-scrub carpet, or even a white champagne pad for that matter! I'll be adding that idea to my arsenal!
I normally pre-scrub with just cleaning head & no water or vac. Sometimes I use the tile brush head under RV 360 to drive a carpet bonnet!

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
A new red pad is too aggressive to prescribe pile carpet imo.
Use a white, tan or Tuna pad.
Red is best for Loop style or real short commercial velvets.
This pad thing is new to me as I always used brushes with the 175, but I find the red pad has a nice bite. I use the white pad very safely on delicate oriental rugs:
redpadwhitepad020_zps710d6e3b.jpg

With the temps below 10 F this week, I did a lot of preconditioning with the HF hooked to the custys sink and a quick buzzing over with the red pad. This heavily impacted and dirty loop berber looked great with just this preconditioning:

redpadwhitepad028_zps5b9347bc.jpg

redpadwhitepad034_zps7cebda94.jpg

Then when I finally fired up the TM and ran the 360i it really popped:

redpadwhitepad039_zps1762af11.jpg

redpadwhitepad055_zps73e954e7.jpg

redpadwhitepad052_zps8c1add68.jpg

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Another thing the red pad gives you is it is great for removing hair that is embedded in the carpet. The white pad is okay bot doesn't have the grip of the red and the brush is good for cleaning but does not remove all the other embedded stuff. Good job Art

Reactions: Art Kelley

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
This sounds like something I can't wait to try but is it hard on the smaller 360i motor?

The Clean Machine

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
I have two 360i's because I was concerned about the wimpy looking motor. So far after two years of hard use it still works nice and cool and effortlessly like the rat in my garage who breaks into my van and eats the food I put on the rat trap.

Reactions: GCCLee

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
What about a Blue Pad ?

I jus like Blue, looks cooler, matches the hoses an stuff : )

White is pretty amazing itself

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom