360i rates

does anybody charge more if you have to breakout the 360i to clean and restore the matted fibers or still charge the same for this restorative cleaning. reason i ask, because it takes longer to clean when i use the 360i than using the wand and besides the wand does not bring back matted fibers.

Becker

Name
Becker
Hmm, that is interesting.

You say the wand is faster than the 360, but it sounds like you need to use it in some cases.

So in those cases is the wand still faster?

or are you just not getting it as clean?

I have an RX-20, I use it on the rare trashed carpet I get.
In those cases it is a time saver.

So, is the real question do you charge more for restoration cleaning vs routine cleaning?

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
While we're on the 360i topic, a friend of mine tested one and said on cut pile it left so many swirl marks that you couldn't see spots that didn't come out until you groomed the carpet. Anybody else seen this? do you have to groom each area to check it before you move on?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
KevinL said:
While we're on the 360i topic, a friend of mine tested one and said on cut pile it left so many swirl marks that you couldn't see spots that didn't come out until you groomed the carpet. Anybody else seen this? do you have to groom each area to check it before you move on?

unlike the RX the swirl marks that the 360i leaves brush right out with out any problems....I have pounded this machine on just about everything out there and once brushed they were fine....

I think it is a bit to low for the higher cut pile carpets...I don't think the water from the jets disperse right because of the carpet hight you just have to slow down a bit.......if he is seeing spots on cut pile ..he is probably moving to fast and not over lapping....

and to answer the question....no....it is my job to get the carpets clean....it is also my responsibility to have the right tools in my tool box to do my job.....

Walt

Yes, some spot can be hidden in the swirl. The trick is to clean the room and then groom before you leave. See the spot and get it then. That said its pretty rare that the spot didn't come out

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
KevinL said:

I found this when I used an RX20. Hides a lot of evils. Thats one reason I stopped using it.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I always wand after all cleanings with any rotovac and we don't charge more

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
hummmm, i usually see the spots as i go...never had them hide..

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
If you walk into a house that is trashed and you know it's going to take longer to clean...I see no problem in charging more.

If you walk into a house that is already pretty clean I see no problem in giving a discount

If you walk into a house and it needs a cleaning but isn't so bad then regular prices apply.

If a painter is going to paint your house and has to scrape crap off before painting his either going to charge more or already charges enough to cover the extra time.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
No arguement...

my point is...

Time is money....charge for it.

Of course some people's time is "worth" more than other's.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
If you walk into a house that is trashed and you know it's going to take longer to clean...I see no problem in charging more.

If you walk into a house that is already pretty clean I see no problem in giving a discount

If you walk into a house and it needs a cleaning but isn't so bad then regular prices apply.

If a painter is going to paint your house and has to scrape crap off before painting his either going to charge more or already charges enough to cover the extra time.
I see advice for a painter? Who is painting a house and why does it apply to a painter and if it applies to a painter I ask why, do we really fall into the same category with the same concerns?

Back
Top Bottom