370ss - 454ss - anyone have one?

Walt

What's the heat vac and mantenance like?

How loud is it? Would you buy another given the opportunity?

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Walt said:

NOPE.....But..I have an ESTIMATE for both of them...Sitting on my DESK... :!:

We were toying with the IDEA of both of them..for a NEW "DUAL TM"...in a BOX..

They are "OUT OF THE RUNNING"...NOW..."I am NOT happy with the situation" That 'Ron is dealing with... :roll:

T

The Magician

I don't have either but would like to have the 570 SS. Any one know the prices of these 3 machines?

joe harper

Name
joe harper
The Magician said:
I don't have either but would like to have the 570 SS. Any one know the prices of these 3 machines?

The 570....with "some heaVy discounts is about $23K... :!:

Dirtmonger

I have the 370 SS. For a single wand heat exchanger class machine it is very good thus far. As with heat exchangers especially ones designed to capture blower heat you are not going to have the immediate heat of a dual fuel setup but start the machine and block off the vacuum intake to put a load on it and finish your setup and you will get good heat for a residential enviroment. Intake water temps have a obvious effect on output temps. This past summer it was holding 200-210 range at my Rotovac 360. Last week cleaning in 24 degree weather with water fed from a outside house faucet it was more like 185. The heat exchanger design is excellent. There is nothing not to like about the size of the chassis. Changing the pump oil isn't the easiest thing in the world. Fuel burn seems to be in the 1-1.25 gal/hr range.

Keep in mind this machines performance is predicated on an engine rated to run at 3600 rpm and as it comes from SS it turns 2800. The Gardner Denver blower is rated at 4000 rpm and it is overdriven at 3200 rpm. Last spring at Mikey fest I had the chance to sit down with designer Mike Roden and he told me to have my installer turn it up to 3000 rpm and the heat would increase. I haven't done that yet as I haven't felt I needed it. I have a Bentley glided wand and I have been very happy with the dry times and it runs a little hotter than with the RV. It is set up at a 4 flow and I run it usually in the 400 psi range (280-300 with RV). Obviously temps would go down to try and run 12 flow.

As with all things, inherent benefits and limitations apply based upon circumstances. As a mid range machine it's doing everything I want. Price wise it was a 15,995 machine. If you want top end heat then look at something with LP/diesel/kerosene. I can't speak for the dual wand machines.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
I ran a 370S HARD for a good 7-8 hours straight(5-6 days) cleaning apartments. The only complaint I can have is when connected to an industrial water hook up the pressure from it will cause the float in the water box to stick, atleast in my experience. The easy fix to that is a RV water pressure regulator(35-45 bucks). I was running it in 90-100 degree temps in dry sunny Utah, and it ran amazing. We ran 100 ft of 2.5" hose, and anywhere from 150-250 ft of 2" vac hose. We ran 150-250 ft of solution line to a solution T, that then had 100' on one side and 50' on the other. The heat, pressure, and vac were great. The apartments dried in about 2 hours. I know there were a few issues with that machine that have since then been fixed, and they have bent over backwards to correct any of those machines(370S's) that were sent out. I admire that a lot. I really like the smaller platform that that line of machines offers, and the performance as well.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
HARPER said:
Walt said:

NOPE.....But..I have an ESTIMATE for both of them...Sitting on my DESK... :!:

We were toying with the IDEA of both of them..for a NEW "DUAL TM"...in a BOX..

They are "OUT OF THE RUNNING"...NOW..."I am NOT happy with the situation" That 'Ron is dealing with... :roll:

you are not going to be the only one thinking this way.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom