3HT heater

Name
I'm Rick James
I am still green when using the 3 ht heater. When I set the wand down to do whatever what does the heater do when its not pumping and heating water? Does it start to come out the overflow spout? Should I not let my wand sit for over 4-5 minutes? Any other tips..

Thanks

SRI Cleaning

Name
Anthony Firmani
I have never used a propane heater, but from what I have heard. it only fires when there is flow. So, i imagine just the pilot stays lit.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I had a little giant that only fired up when the flow cooled it off too much.

Kinda like a thermostat in you house. You set it a 78 or whatever and if it dips below that, the heater kicks on.

But I don't know of the heater you are using.

Name
Bill Soukoreff
The Little Giant 3HT is not flow fired. It will heat to maintain the setting of the thermostat. You don't need to worry about how long the wand is set down.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Bill Soukoreff said:
The Little Giant 3HT is not flow fired. It will heat to maintain the setting of the thermostat. You don't need to worry about how long the wand is set down.

Except for valuable TM time while your not using it.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Does it start to come out the overflow spout?

Are you talking about the pressure release thing on the back?. If you are and there is water cfomming out of it you can adjust it, there is a set screw. I think most are set to dump at about 700 psi. They use the same valve for the high pressure one as well just adjusted diferently.

Albert

Greenie

Brent said:
I am still green when using the 3 ht heater. When I set the wand down to do whatever what does the heater do when its not pumping and heating water? Does it start to come out the overflow spout? Should I not let my wand sit for over 4-5 minutes? Any other tips..

Thanks

Depends on how your unit is plumbed, and if you do or do not have a floatbox/mix tank.

In general you should hear/see the burner shut off 2-10 seconds after you release the wand valve, if not you could have a run away heater, so check that first.

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
I would not attempt to adjust the pressure relief valve, they are set at about 600 PSI to protect the coil that the water is heated in. Not saying that it WILL rupture the coil, but they are around $1000 to replace, not to mention if you are standing near it when it goes, 220 degree water is pretty hot. The higher pressure heater has a coil that is rated to hold the higher pressure.

You can set your wand down for as long as you like, as long as you have water to the heater,
water will cool down after a while and when you start cleaning again, it will take a bit for hot water to get to the wand.

Be careful with this heater, do not store anything flammable or combustible ANYWHERE near the heater. I have a friend who spilled some fuel in his van, it got ignited by the heater, and he ended up in the hospital with some pretty bad burns.

One last thing- whatever it takes, whatever you do, DO NOT forget to turn off the heater when there is no water going to it, mine suffered a meltdown from this and I had to replace the thermostat.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom