4 others said no... I said yes..

Becker

Name
Becker
What is it with professional carpet cleaners?

I get a call a few days after Christmas.
The caller had a child spill fruit punch on her white arm chair.

I tell her I'm not available till the 3rd as I was on vacation.
Told her if she needed help sooner she could call my buddy Brent Dill.

So she took his number, and called him.

I'm sure Brent was busy with his family over the holidays as must us owner operators take the time and was unable to call her back right away.

So after him she called 4 other local cleaners.
None would come out, she even said some were rude. Some said it was not worth coming out for.
Some said they would come out but don't have success with red stains and wanted to know if you has other cleaning to be done.

So she calls me back and books for the 3rd.. Today I go out, half the seat of the chair is pink.

In the end I got it out and cleaned 2 rooms of carpet.

Make some money and a client for life I'm sure.

She even said when I got there... I'm sure it is hopeless as other cleaners convinced her.

I know Brent would have taken care of her.

As it was by the time he called her back she already booked with me.

Oh.. and I got out a couple of 3 year old rust spots other cleaners had told her would never come out...

I don't get it..

Name
R.J. Povio
I love stories like that one! We had a former Stanley custy that called us to clean her family room. While cleaning her family room I noticed a spill/spot in her living room. I asked her if she wanted me to spot clean that spot. She said, "Well go ahead, nobody has ever been able to get that spot out!". I went over the spot with Spot-Shot and a rag and got the spot completely out! I then rinsed the spot too. She was amazed. It took Stanley 3 seperate times with a truckmount and never even got the spot out once. Not even got the spot out and then it came back....they just never got it out ever! WTF.

One time a lady needed her carpet done asap. I got there and gave the estimate, then cleaned the carpet before the Coit guy said they would be there over an hour earlier for just the estimate.

This time of year with family stuff is hard to run a one man show or small business. Realistically if you only had this lady booked for the day with fruit punch spilled on her chair what are the chances if that was your only job of the day that you would make money??!! At least other carpet cleaners where being honest with her. Red stains are hard to get out of furniture. I have had it happen where you go out for one spot and then you get that out, and then they make you clean other areas with spots. Those are nice, because they make great cheerleaders for life.

royalkid

Supportive Member
Name
Gulf Coast Carpet Care
You should be very happy to know you have that kind of competition in your area :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom