1.5 MB · Views: 407
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 289
Reactions: Connor

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
I don't get the reel out the side door. I always back in and 99% of the time the reel is facing the door. Even in my box truck it's in the back door. What's the thinking. Do you guys park in the street. One guy here pulls nose in and drags everything out the back door. I just don't get it.

Gene

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
I always prefered the side door hose install because I like bringing everything in the front door of the house and can put the side access door at the start of the walkway to the front door.

Reactions: Dan

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
We can't park even partially on the side walk (meaning even on their driveway, as they are pretty short and we'd still be blocking part of sidewalk), if we do we get a hefty ticket. ($250.00 to $600.00)
Most clients we do normal street parking (parallel to sidewalk) and run the hoses inside. Having the reel in back means, at times no access to it, if parking is tight.

In addition PTO's have to be installed at an exact location and lend themselves nicely to a side reel. I only have a sliding side door, as at times (quite frequently) I'. parked right by a tree and would not be able to open a barn door.
When I had my Sprinter with a slide in, I had a back door wheel. Hated it.

I guess one gets used to equipment being where it is.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Do you guys park in the street
Our very first TM was a rear install and hated it. It fishtailed and handled poorly but it was a large heavy unit.

All of ours units since have been side installs both Butler's and side-in's. I wouldn't be against a rear install in a box but I don't think I'd want one in a regular van again.

Name
Lee Stockwell
I also tried rear machine and reels. Very handy, but I didn't feel comfortable with an employee or the boys driving it.
A bit too loose at times.

No problem with the reels in the back, as they don't weigh much.

Back
Top Bottom