4 to door or 2.5

steampro

Name
Ryan
Which is better? Ive been using 2.5 inch hose for a long time now so Im used to it. But which is better for vac performance? Will I get the same results with the 4 to the door setup?

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Its kinda of a tie. A cross section of each gives the area advantage to the four to the door, which in theory means you could preserve more lift and air flow until you get to your 2inch whip line. However you also have roughly 38% more side wall to cause turbulent flow and thus would hinder the performance advantage of four to the door.

However, the biggest limiting factor is the blower plumbing. If a blower exhaust is limited to 2.5 plumbing, then you really can't preserve any more air flow that that which is capable of being pulled through a 2.5 opening.

Bottom line. We could analyze numbers all day long. But the best setup is the one you are going to use. Both increase the vacuum performance of a single wand. especially at longer distances away from the machine.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
running 4 hoses to the door sounds like the biggest waste of time an effort anyone could possibly do. that is going to be a minimum of 4 50 ft sections, hint that is all the hose I ever carry TOTAL on my reels. setting a couple airpaths makes alot more sense than running all that extra vac hose.

Ryan

Its just running two hoses to the door. The "4" designates inches.

G

George V

steve g said:
running 4 hoses to the door sounds like the biggest waste of time an effort anyone could possibly do. that is going to be a minimum of 4 50 ft sections, hint that is all the hose I ever carry TOTAL on my reels. setting a couple airpaths makes alot more sense than running all that extra vac hose.

Steve, you dumbass!

No wonder you hate big trucks so much!

You can't even grasp the concept of 4 to the door?

Don't lie and act like that was a joke either.

The joke is on you.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
steve g said:
:shock:

G

George V

If that was a joke then maybe your attacts against big trucks is a joke too.

Chris A

Name
Chris
honestly, done both, now neither. I just threw 2 fans in the truck.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom