40 vol.

Lonny

Supportive Member
OUCH!!! Sorry Charlie. The I have lightened some heavily dyed Nylon area rugs using a heavy peroxide, not quite to that extent. Still an expensive oops.

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
I'm with Hoody on this one.!
Is your wand the same width as those marks? see if they match up with something the custy has-- like a hoover CC machine.
never had that happen with 40vol.
how did you apply the 40vol and how much did you use?

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I've never used it because it scares me...there, I said it.

I think it was Jim Martin who recommended using Protein Spotter and Urine Stain Remover (50/50) in a small pump sprayer. Spray affected areas before doing anything else, and allow to dwell while setting up.

Maybe JM will chime in again on that?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I've never used it because it scares me...there, I said it.

I think it was Jim Martin who recommended using Protein Spotter and Urine Stain Remover (50/50) in a small pump sprayer. Spray affected areas before doing anything else, and allow to dwell while setting up.

Maybe JM will chime in again on that?

I only use the 30/40 volume to remove wine stains...the protein spotter and urine stain remover I use for things like urine..coffee..soda..plant and water stains.....spray it..leave it alone...set up and clean as normal....

hard to say what happened in that picture...very little detail....but I am guessing that the client tried something and everything snow balled from there.....

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
Tenants tried to clean the carpet themselves. They must have used bleach in the DIY machine.
"Can you fix it" I was asked.

Reactions: Russ T.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Tenant may have used a laundry detergent with bleach in a rug doctor?

Several times, over the years, I've cleaned spots outside a laundry room only to have the spots bleach out almost immediately. Before HWE, they just appear to be small, dark, greasy spots. This is where the detergent has attracted the soiling.

I wonder if there wasn't traces of laundry detergent with bleach all over the carpet and you only activated that bleach with your HWE equipment?

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
No, it wasn't the 40 vol. I would be crying right now.
That was the first thing that came to mind. It was already screwed up when I got there. Fortunately they only cleaned one room like this.

Reactions: Steve Lawrence

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
In my opinion it increased the value. Just tell them it is a DeKooning:

Kooning_woman_v.jpg

Reactions: Steve Lawrence

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom