40 volume hydrogen peroxide question

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I mostly use it with alcohol to remove red wine stains....we are a retirement town..a lot of these old people live for there wine and have trouble holding a steady glass.....

not recommended for wool..silk..cotton...crap like that.........

To keep things simple just use stain magic on organic stains (wine, natural juices, coffee, plant stains etc.) that do not respond to cleaning.

I keep urine rescue and stain magic on my truck and those have me covered.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
danielc said:
To keep things simple just use stain magic on organic stains (wine, natural juices, coffee, plant stains etc.) that do not respond to cleaning.

I keep urine rescue and stain magic on my truck and those have me covered.

to keep things simpler....mix 50 % urine stain remover and 50% protein stain remover and have a better mix of stain magic with a longer shelf life...plus you have the 2 gallons of chems to use for other things.....simple economical....and you won't be paying a high price for stain magic only to find out that your part "B" evaporated.....but use 40 volume as described above on red wine stains...... mist with alcohol then mist with 40 volume and watch it disappear before your eyes.......

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Mikey P said:
Alcohol? Do you mean ammonia?

That's what I was thinking..what kinda alcohol? I don't think I ever heard this mix before. I'm always open to try out "new" things.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Mikey P said:
Alcohol? Do you mean ammonia?

yes..sorry..you are correct....don't know what I was thinking......it is ammonia...I knew it started with an "A".....

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
This thread caught my attention, I believe Cobb's Dye Stain Remover contains isopropyl alchohol and ammonia. I always wondered what role the IPA had in the stain removal process.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
alcohol/ammonia= windex, which will clean certain things effectively provided you have nothing else to use. lets say that you keep some sally's 40 volume in one of those silver sparymaster bottles with a flip cap lid on it. how long do you think the 40 volume would stay effective.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
steve g said:
alcohol/ammonia= windex, which will clean certain things effectively provided you have nothing else to use. lets say that you keep some sally's 40 volume in one of those silver sparymaster bottles with a flip cap lid on it. how long do you think the 40 volume would stay effective.

you just have to be smarter then the bottle.......

Able 1

Name
Keith
Just as long as that GALLON of urine rescue(vol 20) will last in a van? I would say vol 40 lasts about 2 weeks to a month, depending on the heat...

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Or bleach, dry cleaning solvent and amonia. Had a guy do that about 28 years ago in our plant and we had to evacuate.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
dgardner said:
This thread caught my attention, I believe Cobb's Dye Stain Remover contains isopropyl alchohol and ammonia. I always wondered what role the IPA had in the stain removal process.
Dave;

The important quality is the performance.

Larry

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Larry Cobb said:
dgardner said:

Dave;

The important quality is the performance.

Larry

Then can we please go back to the old powermax....the fluffy..desolves easy..and can clean anything stuff.......and get rid of the under preforming stuff

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom