40 volume peroxide, my question that is never answered.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Without telling me I need a different prespray or a better sprayer or that I should use percarbonate will somebody please give me a quick rundown on how to store and dilute 40 volume peroxide.
How much should I put in my hydroforce for a trashed rental, what kind of bottle works best to store it, do I dilute it before i put it on my truck? How long will my prespray remain boosted before I have to put another slug of peroxide in there?

Name
Lee Stockwell
Store in cool opaque sealed container. I think this was addressed in your earlier thread. I use a little foam cooler in the truck to avoid the high operating temps around the truckmount.

If you dilute it for dilution's sake use only distilled water because the peroxide will otherwise interact with the impurities in tap water and be slightly degraded in the process.

Like chlorine bleach, peroxide is an accident waiting to happen. Be careful slinging it around.

TimP

I buy the stuff made for our industry and don't have to worry about it.

I buy vacaway urine eraser. It's $21 a gallon and it's probably pricey but it lasts a long time in the truck even after opening.

I stopped buying stain magic cause it works just as good and I think it's cheaper in the long run compared to stain magic.

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
Do you know what the peroxide is for? Rarely do you need it on a trashed rental. trashed rentals have oil, both cooking and oil from blacktop and such. You need an enzyme for the cooking, and a citris for the petroleum based oils. Many products have both suck as cti extreme clean, larrys, powermax. The peroxide is used for adding oxygen to organic based stains. Stains such as coffee, urine, poo, blood, ect. but to answer your question, when adding peroxide to high ph cleaners it activates it for a very short period of time. Good for one use.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Boost all and citrus makes a huge difference. More than citrus alone.

How much do I add to a 1 to 8 hydroforce jug to give it powah but a not a too much a powah? Don't want to wreck anything.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Bump
To clarify, I want to know how much liquid peroxide to add to my juice to give it the same kick as 3-6 ounces of boost all.

Name
Lee Stockwell
As with any new chemical, test test test. Liquid h2o2 will have a short mix life. I only use it on specific applications, usually less than half a hydroforce tankful at a time. 2 cups h2o2, 1/2 cup liquid detergent, water to half mark. 9:1 tip. (detergent acts as a "marker" to let me see activity and coverage better) Gently shake.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Where do you guys get your 9-1 tips from? I always noticed prochem using those and 5-1 tips... I have only ever used 4-1 and 8-1.

Chads

Supportive Member
Gary seriosly forget the peroxide boost in your prespray, if you need that much more for trashed rentals your doing something wrong, or your using a crappy prespray for your application. Only use the peroxide on invidual stains or if you got a whole house full of dog piss. when you dilute peroxide in a hydroforce its probally not doing much anyway. it also needs individual dwell time on spots. listen to idreadnought you need a good enzyme prespray and aggitation, good hot steam, and good suction. with those things it makes cleaning easy and you will look like a pro.

TimP

I agree with above.

I rarely put any peroxide in any of my prespray. Only on special occasions where I think it will help. You already have a formula with boost all, why not keep using it? Or are you thinking it's more expensive compared to liquid peroxide? You can buy sodium percarbonate from other places cheaper that's the same thing or is your company still stuck on the buying from one place thing? You can buy from some the chemistrystore online, and probably other places if you look. The price is about 1/2 compared to interlink if you buy it in a decent volume to over come shipping and it's the same stuff.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Have you ever tried to mix boost all into a hydroforce jug quickly?

We would keep going with the boost all except for the mix time. I want a liquid that I can pour in and shake up.

TimP

B&BGaryC said:
Have you ever tried to mix boost all into a hydroforce jug quickly?

We would keep going with the boost all except for the mix time. I want a liquid that I can pour in and shake up.

Then try a half cup, then 1 cup to half a HF. Test and figure out what works for you like stated above. We aren't chemists we are carpet cleaners, we focus on what works and not calculations.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom