405 blower lift setting

Walt

I was on the Roots website -

On one page it states - Roots 405 blower maximum setting 15hg. On another 16 hg. And on there pdf print out - 15 hg.

So which is it?

lance

Try it at 15.5 !gotcha!

I wouldn't think that one Hg will matter. Especially using a traditional relief valve as they leak as they creep up to the set point.

Hey Walt, are you happy with the DXT? Does it work as well as you thought it would?

Walt

lance said:
Try it at 15.5 !gotcha!

I wouldn't think that one Hg will matter. Especially using a traditional relief valve as they leak as they creep up to the set point.

Hey Walt, are you happy with the DXT? Does it work as well as you thought it would?

Actually, the DXT has been a very powerful and reliable machine. The first year I had it I dual wanded all the the time. But as it turns out, I prefer working alone. It's a lot of machine for single wanding. One of my goals has actually been to work a little less and pursue other interests - which is difficult for me because I tend toward being a work-oholic. So I've been considering down sizing a little and going with a simpler machine. Something I can work on myself. A machine that will last until I retire from this business - 15 to 20 years from now.

I've been talking to Les Judson about getting a specially built TNT - propane engine, propane heat, additional silencers. I am a little worried that the vac just wont be there - But most of my runs are sub 200 feet. I'd save money because propane is 2.80 a gallon (diesel is 4.20). Plus, I'd save on shop costs. Every time something needs to be repaired on the DXT it is expensive (though not as expensive as the Vortex was). As it turns out part are available though.

I've talked to a few TNT owners. All have said it was the best decision that they made with there company. Totally reliable and super hot. No problems after years of use. Apparently vac is better than others in there class because of the way they were plumbed.

S

sam miller

http://prochem.com/Upload/KCProductCata ... mer405.pdf

Older manuels say 12 newer say 13hg I have mine set at 15 helps build more heat low flow wand without a heat exchanger it will sit at 200.

I also sped the rpm's up a tad that helps with heat and a 1/8 turn on temp control so it doesnt bypass til it hit's like 250. Its all for not when running a 12 flow wand cause it drops around 200 and if I really hold the gun 180. my 8 flow wand hold over 200 constant.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom