$42,000 rug cleaning....

Brian H

Name
Brian H
We battle the same type of thing here with a company that has a similar name to ours. They run 2-4 trucks out of a small space in an industrial park and though they don't advertise much, their current advertising states that they are the "Preferred Hagopian". :hopeless:

When ever we change our prices, they change theirs to match. It feels like they are just living off the name confusion! :dejection:

Name
Nate W.
We battle the same type of thing here with a company that has a similar name to ours. They run 2-4 trucks out of a small space in an industrial park and though they don't advertise much, their current advertising states that they are the "Preferred Hagopian". :hopeless:

When ever we change our prices, they change theirs to match. It feels like they are just living off the name confusion! :dejection:

Do they have a different purple shade to their vans? :lol:

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Brian H

Name
Brian H
Do they have a different purple shade to their vans? :lol:
No and that's how we have to try and differentiate between the two companies sometimes.

Customer- "You guys were out last week and my carpet still looks terrible!"

Us- " I don't see you in our system at all. Are you sure you used the Original Hagopian?"

Customer- "Of course it was you, don't you think I know who I called?"

Us- " Again, I am not seeing you in our system. Do you remember what color truck the cleaning crew had?"

Customer- "It was white. I did ask about why they didn't have the purple truck and they said the were having repair issues. Why do you ask?"

Us- "SIGH, you had a company named Steve Hagopian and though the names are very similar, the companies are not the same nor do we have any affiliation with them. All our trucks are purple."

Name
Nate W.
No and that's how we have to try and differentiate between the two companies sometimes.

Us- " I don't see you in our system at all. Are you sure you used the Original Hagopian?"

Us- " Again, I am not seeing you in our system. Do you remember what color truck the cleaning crew had?"

Customer- "It was white. I did ask about why they didn't have the purple truck and they said the were having repair issues. Why do you ask?"

Us- "SIGH, you had a company named Steve Hagopian and though the names are very similar, the companies are not the same nor do we have any affiliation with them. All our trucks are purple."

Ouch...... Good thing the person wasn't color blind.....:winky:

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
That's just terrible Brian.

I hope all of the workers and owners at the other hagopian get hair lice and toe fungus!!!

That will teach them!!

Reactions: Brian H

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
That is awful. I don't know if they remember when the names are not the same. We have had calls to cancel and they are not in the system and other issues too.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger

And a reason we also focus on the color of our company and trucks (Bring on the Blue!) We try to separate ourselves from others in the area. We did have one company attempt to copy us a couple years ago. A lot of people kept asking the owner if Saiger's bought them out. Lol... Their company colors were black but they just did a very close copy to our old design on their carpet cleaning van.... and in blue

We really want to ask them what they think of our look now... wanna try and copy this look to?!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom