44 hp Nissan engine

lance

I think it's an A-15 like prochem used in their 405's.

Since they aren't being produces anymore, would you by a working used one?

Do parts still exist to rebuild and fix problems?

Is it a good TM engine that will last a long time?

Thanks.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
lance said:
I think it's an A-15 like prochem used in their 405's.

Since they aren't being produces anymore, would you by a working used one?

Do parts still exist to rebuild and fix problems?

Is it a good TM engine that will last a long time?

Thanks.

In my opinion....the GREATEST motors..EVER for light industrial application... :!:
Mine have over 5000 hrs... :shock: ..& good for another 10 K... !gotcha!

Parts are not hard to find... 8) ...most were used in a "Fork-Lift" application... :idea:
They run FOREVER....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wait for LEE......1.....2.....3............... :arrow:

Name
Lee Stockwell
Parts are plentiful, the engine is near bulletproof. I had the 1200cc version in a 1971 Datsun B110 when I first got married. I abused, stompped and tortured that motor like a redheaded stepchild for four years.

When I decided to rebuild it in 1976 the mechanic was suprised to find it only NEEDED rings, because everything else was still fine. I put all new pistons, cam and such in it and ran it for years more. It was rated 69 hp and ran like a banshee. I could rebuild the little two bbl progressive carb in the dark.

Did I mention I loved that engine? Told my wife it would make a great TM engine and even mounted a 3M Sutorbilt on the AC mounting bracket for testing. At that time I didn't have the experience to develop that idea. Prochem did.

I'm sure I could drive a 6008 with it very handily. Just kick up the gas, no worse than me driving the Datsun 90 mph for 10 hours on the interstate.

Just keep oil in it. A characteristic of that motor is that it would need up to a quart every 3000 miles when driven like I did.

Sitting under 2g rpm it would last for ever.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
A-12 was in the 800A, Bearcat's & Performers I thought it was a 32-HP and a 65-HP H-25 in the 805?

I'm sure there are parts, I don't know for how long. We've had Nissan powered units for over 10-years, they are strong powerful workhorses.

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
Ive been scanning craigslist for YEARS looking for one.

Lee, Im not far from you, do you have a nissan engine you would sell me? :)

Name
Lee Stockwell
I have an L16 Nissan but it's for a project. Justin sold my spare A12 for scrap, because I had it in a garbage bag, oiled, for the last ten years. He thinks I'm a "hoarder" and wanted to put my shop on TV.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
if you need maint parts for it...go to the autoparts store, and its under a 1980 b-210...the 1.5 liter version...(if you have the a-15 motor) lol

lance

Thank you all for chiming in.

I saw it today and it runs very well. The TM that it is in is a Fox with a 47 blower and 4700 hours on it. The TM has some rust and needs work but I do like the idea of having the Nissan engine in it. It has a carb which I think is good because i know a couple of mechanics who can work on it if anything goes wrong.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom