45 Blower to a 18hp update, with free flow system.

Jay D

Name
Jay D
Well I finished changing the TCS 18hp 36 blower to a 45 blower. The Pulley on the motor is 6.5" and on the 45 Blower is 8.25". Painted the frame powder blue and the blower black looked okeedookee. Dave Stover happened to be in the neighborhood I was passing out flyers today so I stopped at his job and checked out the performance of the truckmount. freeflow has been talking about a free flow system for vacuum relief so I put it on Dave's machine. Anyhow I basically set it to get 14hg with the wand on the carpet. I was out at the van watching the gauges for RPM's and HG to see where it stayed at. He had the briggs running at approx 3750rpm and 9 hg with the wand off the carpet. When he started cleaning and put the wand on the carpet the rpms dropped to 3500-3550 rpms and the hg read 13.5-15 HG. I was curious if what Nick has been telling me about this were true and it seems to work. The engine did'nt bogg terribly but worked pretty good. I have a spring relief on my machine now and may try this or a kunkle soon. But I wanted to mention this as a alternative way of doing things for setting up your machine. I always want to check out other ways to hot rod my little machine to make it perform better. Dave said the cfm seemed to be the same but the lift was stronger.

Mister Sir

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Jay;

LIFT at the wand is the most important factor, but CFM should also be increased on his machine.

I'm glad the blower change worked out.

Running the Briggs @ 3750 RPM is pretty demanding.

Most vac reliefs, including the Kunkle, are spring-loaded.

Is the new system a spring-loaded design??

Larry Cobb
Mikey Board Supporting Member

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom