4LL blower.

Ryan

What size gear and lobes would that be? IE 45,47....

lance

4m means a medium pressure class 4

4L means a low pressure class 4

So a 4M equals a 45 (higher lift capability but lower cfm) and a 4L equals a 47 (lower lift capable but higher cfm)

Medium pressure blowers are 33, 45, 56

Low pressure blowers are 36, 47, 59

joe harper

Name
joe harper
lance said:
4m means a medium pressure class 4

4L means a low pressure class 4

So a 4M equals a 45 (higher lift capability but lower cfm) and a 4L equals a 47 (lower lift capable but higher cfm)

Medium pressure blowers are 33, 45, 56

Low pressure blowers are 36, 47, 59

GOOD INFO... :!:
thanks..

Name
Shawn Forsythe
Take 45, 47, 33, 36, 56, and 59 as first examples of the numbering scheme

The first digit, "4", pertains the diameter of the end drive gears, that being 4" for the 45 and 47, 3" for the 36 and 33, 5" for the 56 and 59, and so on.

The second digit in the Roots Universal numbering system pertains to the blower lobe width. 5" for the 45, 7" for the 47, 9" for the 59, and so on.

The Tuthil numbering system using numbers like 4005, 4007, 3006, use the first digit and the last digit to explain the same thing.

Gardner Denver does not use the numerical scheme except for the first digit, signifying the blower gear diameter. For example, a 3L blower uses a 3" drive gear, and the L signifies that it is the "low Pressure" version, being that with the widest lobe in that class. (the wider the lobe, the lower the pressure capability for any given gear size)

Examples using the 4" drive gear size class
Gardener Denver (only):
4L = 4" drive gear, Low Pressure(high volume) lobe width (7" in this case)
4M = 4" drive gear, Medium Pressure(medium volume) lobe width (5" in this case)
4H = 4" drive gear, High Pressure(lowest volume) lobe width (2" in this case) -size not used for carpet cleaning equip)

Roots (only):
47 = 4" drive gear, Low Pressure(high volume) lobe width (7" in this case)
45 = 4" drive gear, Medium Pressure(medium volume) lobe width (5" in this case)
42 = 4" drive gear, High Pressure(lowest volume) lobe width (2" in this case) -size not used for carpet cleaning equip)

Tuthil (only):
4007 = 4" drive gear, Low Pressure(high volume) lobe width (7" in this case)
4005 = 4" drive gear, Medium Pressure(medium volume) lobe width (5" in this case)
4002 = 4" drive gear, High Pressure(lowest volume) lobe width (2" in this case) -size not used for carpet cleaning equip)

Name
Shawn Forsythe
Yep.

4LL = 4" gears, 4" wide lobes, and I think the second "L" refers to the "Legend Series" design.

If that price stays near $900, it is a great buy for a "new" blower.
Just make sure Bawb is not the seller (his definition of "new" is not the same as most) :mrgreen:

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
good luck wit customs and cost of shipping...i was looking at that earlier!
I buy brand new Roots 47's for $1400 and change...pick it up mysef AND have a warranty......

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
I would pass on the 4LL and try to find a 4M.

They can operate a considerably higher vac level ...

since both models have the same 4" gears providing the power.

The new #4MR is even better, with the gearbox isolated from the blower lobes and heat.

Larry

Name
Lee Stockwell
One of the very few things I disagree with Larry Cobb over. Our experience with 4007 and 4LL blowers has been excellent. I wouldn't really like to go down to 45 performance levels.

An analogy: some 4 or 6 cylinder engines can rev higher than a typical V8, but that doesn't often make up for the larger unit's displacement advantage.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
i gots a 45 ready for assembly.....it's a Butler proprietary
what's it woorth?

BUTLERBLOWERAPART.jpg

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Lee Stockwell said:
One of the very few things I disagree with Larry Cobb over. Our experience with 4007 and 4LL blowers has been excellent. I wouldn't really like to go down to 45 performance levels.

The #47 blowers are good blowers,

but with the same 4" gears (same HP capability),

they HAVE to be operated at lower vacuum lifts.

We like the extra 2-3" of lift.

Larry

Name
Lee Stockwell
The gears are never a weak link. The bigger blower moves much more air and has much bigger inlet and outlet, which is a bigger factor in carpet drying than the marginal lift advantage of the smaller blower.

IMHO

:-)
Lee

Ryan

Wouldn't it depend on your hose runs? More lift would better for shorter runs and more CFM for longer runs?

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Ryan;

Each 50' of vac hose reduces the lift & CFM available at the wand.

More LIFT is required for long runs ...

The more lift actually available at the wand carpet interface ...,

the greater the CFM thru the carpet fiber.

That equals more dirt removed.

Larry

lance

More lift is need for longer hose runs.......when using 2 inch hose this is very true. But I think 2.5 inch hose changes that equation a lot. A glide can only pass about 250 cfm thru to the waste tank so you will always have enough cfm with 2.5 inch hose.

But the real advantage is using it on long hose runs.....usable lift is increased due to less hose wall friction. Kunkles are not as important now as much as before because of the efficiency of 2.5 inch hose. The big hose allows you to have 12 to 13 inches of lift AT the carpet/wand interface. A relief spring set at 15" Hg will not have as much interaction with the TM as it does when using 2 inch hose.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom