50 damn years..

Credits
I was worse during "2001"....
It had some errors in filming no or low gravity, but given the special effects of the day it remains remarkably accurate. The spaceship is still a model of what a deep space vehicle will look like, the view screens were flat, there were future-accurate electronic tablets and HAL explored questions about AI that are only now being seriously considered.

Excepting the psychedelic nonsense the movie stands up pretty well.

MB Exclusive.
Credits
Excepting the psychedelic nonsense the movie stands up pretty well.
Over time I "got" more of it. And I do prefer "scientific science fiction" over space operas.

But the psychedelic stuff got to me too. My sister who was (unknown to us) dropping acid at the time liked that part a great deal herself.

The floating embyro freaked me out....

Credits
I love space opera movies but when it comes to reading, i prefer hard science fiction. More accurate, the better. The Martian is good example of that. Read the book, not the movie. I love the Hutchin series, which is about 6 books. Pretty good about accuracy of science.

Credits
I liked a few of the planet of the apes movies. I like the mark walberg one too.

I try not to pick things apart unless it's real bad. I like to be entertained. I also catch myself trying to justify the implausible. Well maybe if this or that.

Credits
I read Isaac Asimov's Foundation Trilogy when I was in the 9th grade ('66).
The basis for a lot of what came after, including Star Wars.

I try not to pick things apart unless it's real bad. I like to be entertained. I also catch myself trying to justify the implausible.
If done well, a ridiculous concept can still work. The Fifth Element is full of holes, but still works. Ferris Bueller's Day Off doesn't work if your mind isn't in neutral.

I love space opera movies but when it comes to reading, i prefer hard science fiction. More accurate, the better.
The Martian worked as a movie too, it just bugged me that he didn't do anything to protect his bubble repair from the wind.

Administrator
Credits
The basis for a lot of what came after, including Star Wars.

If done well, a ridiculous concept can still work. The Fifth Element is full of holes, but still works. Ferris Bueller's Day Off doesn't work if your mind isn't in neutral.

The Martian worked as a movie too, it just bugged me that he didn't do anything to protect his bubble repair from the wind.

The end of fine art..

20180305_165251.jpg

Credits
when i read Orwells 1984.......
i made it my goal to live till then!

then i saw 2001 a space odyssey.....
and my goal was to live till then......

now my only goal left is
to out live my old willow tree in the back yard...
the one with the face in it!

Latest posts