51HP Lombardini ...Will it run a #68 blower?

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
Yeah, I had a very sizable cash offer for my Vortex. (Its not even listed for sale) I will never go back to anything smaller than a 59 blower, its impossible.

I will be buying a 05/06 Sprinter Hi top

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
sweet, are you gonna have a frame fabricated and make an open concept style machine? That's something to consider if you have the right resources, some serious cash can be saved for sure compared to buying a designer brand of that size. I am trading in my white magic slide inn next month and getting a cobb style machine with a 47 blower. That white magic has been a pain in my ass. I love open style machines, I have a small steam action machine that is so incredibly stupid easy to work on its hard to go back to all the electronics and vacuum sensors and extra crap.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
For a second I thought you're going to modify your Judson with that thing!

I still think the new Judson diesel HX should come w/ at least a 59 blower if not bigger, esp with the cost of those big diesel engines.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
No.

You will need 60 hp just for the blower to hold 16 inches at 2400 rpm and then you still need another 7 hp for the cat pump. To run this setup correctly you should have 20% more hp than you need to make up for the transmission of power through clutches belts and pulleys.

And remember all of those hp numbers a bhp and don't figure loss of power throughout the system.

But I am no engineer so someone who know will have to chime in.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
Junior, I will be Tig welding a simple stainless frame, keeping it ultra simple... For belt tension the blower will slide on rails just like a Judson, avoiding unnecessary tensioner pulleys.

Bill, I WISH I could fit all this on my TNT!

Mr. Lockhart thanks for the input, Maybe a 59 would be better suited fro this 52hp motor?
I was also hoping the extra torque from the diesel would make up for the HP.

Last edited:
Reactions: Desk Jockey

SMRBAP

Supportive Member
Name
Anthony
Seek another vendor for your engine.

Dealt with that company once.

Had major issues on a $4k power washer and they were horrible to deal with.

Took months of arguing and their solution was a crappy weld on a machine with a few hours that blew apart 20 hours later.

It ended up a cold water unit after that......

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom