570SS Review

Joseph225

Today is one year. It's my son's 11th birthday, Harry Potter is freaking THIRTY SIX years old, and it's been one full year since the day I took delivery of my trailer with the Sapphire Scientific 570 in it. Currently the machine is approaching 900 hours of use.

It's been a hella ride. We originally mounted it with the TM facing out the side door, but that created some pretty massive weight distribution issues. I'd also never driven a trailer before I picked it up that day. I've gotten a little better at driving it. :)

As far as the 570 itself...that machine is badassery, given form. When I worked for another company, we'd run mainly CDS machines, along with a Boxxer 427. When I started my company, it was with a tax return and a prayer. I bought a Mytee LTD5 and a Cimex, and ran that out of the back of my F150 for over three years as I built my business. I built a solid reputation with that equipment, but coming back to having a TM has been...man. I can't even BEGIN to describe how much happier I am with the work I do, now. From the blazing heat (even with an 8 flow wand it stays well above 220 ATM), to the APO, the ability to run a last step rinse, and the better vacuum...great googly-moogly.

It's possible to clean really well with a good porty. I think I proved that along the way...but it's just not the SAME. It's taken me awhile to learn all the quirks of the machine (I'm not particularly mechanically inclined), so I ran a couple months with the diverter stuck, and I remember not being impressed with the heat. Once Kim at ILS saw it was stuck and showed me how to maintain that, though, things have been a lot better. I can quite often get wax out of the carpet just by running the wand over it, nice and slow.

Final recommendation: This is an amazing single wanding machine. It has the ability to run a second wand, but I don't think it's got the suction to do it properly. Stick with the one wand, but I have had it running a wand and upholstery tool at the same time in a hotel, with acceptable results. Take the time to learn what the machine is capable of, and what you have to do to maintain it, and it will take care of you. Even the people at Sapphire, like Rick Aranda and Scott Harlib are all amazingly helpful.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom