6 years...

Chris A

Name
Chris
I just noticed that's exactly how long it's been since I joined this board. I was 21, had just bought my dad's business, and had zero idea wtf I was doing with it. I remember being intimidated at first by the way some of the grizzled vets would bark back and forth at each other, but now I couldn't imagine a better group of friends to hang out with. Thanks guys, I owe you all a lot...

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
I just noticed that's exactly how long it's been since I joined this board. I was 21, had just bought my dad's business, and had zero idea wtf I was doing with it. I remember being intimidated at first by the way some of the grizzled vets would bark back and forth at each other, but now I couldn't imagine a better group of friends to hang out with. Thanks guys, I owe you all a lot...

Congrats Chris, here's to the next 50.

Reactions: Chris A and Jeremy

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Congratulations Chris.

Its the good, right, and humble thing to do to thank others who have mentored you. Having watched you grow over these six years, let me add this:

In those six years, you aren't the only person to start a business, nor the only one to ask for help from this group of terrific and unselfish men and women. But the success you've realized has been because of what you've done with that advice. I know how hard you've worked, how much you've invested in reinventing the business, and not just inheriting it Chris.

If I can share a really old story...I mean even old for an old man like me, I'll hope you'll indulge me:

One day a minister was driving down a country lane, and noticed a beautiful farm, with abundant crops nearing harvest, a fine barn, and everything just like it was painted from a picture. The minister stopped when he saw the farmer working on the fence along the road and called out:

"My good man, God has blessed you with a beautiful farm!"

The farmer paused from his work, brushed the dirt off of himself, and replied:

"Yes he has, and I'm grateful. But you should have seen this place when he had it all to himself..."

I think I can speak for all who know you that we deeply, deeply respect the hard work you've put into building your "farm".

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
I hope that in some small way I helped you in your endeavors... Even if it was learning what not to do from my at times catastrophic experience. If not, well... I can sell you some chems 6% off as an anniversary gift... lol

Reactions: Chris A

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I remember being intimidated at first by the way some of the grizzled vets would bark back and forth at each other, but now I couldn't imagine a better group of friends to hang out with.
Glad you weren't a pussy your whole life! :p

Yes it can be a little intimating but usually its back and forth between those that know each other. You are a valued member here, glad you took the chance in posting! :icon_cool:

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Agree! have learned more in last 6 months then the previous 5years on forums.

Think i have found these guys are just protective of their friends and don't want to see them get blown up or hurt. Mike can definitely be rough sometimes but their is a ton of things he could be doing if his only interest was money, people don't seem to see that though.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Congratulations man. You're in a really good spot, to have all that info, apparently a good work ethic, and your own biz...at only 27. Keep up the good work!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk H

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom