870ss

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
Anybody running that machine. Pm me if you don't want to post any problems.my suppliers sales Master blend and ss. I love that big blower that everybody says I don't need. I can see a huge difference from single which would be a number 4 verses dual which is a number 5 on my thermal wave 5m. I might consider the 570 but would probably be disappointed in the performance connected to 2 zippers

Gene

Reactions: dealtimeman
Name
Nate W.
I believe Mike Wallace has and runs 1... He got zippers as well... mwall2230 is his S/N....

Last edited:

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Cant believe there are not many owners giving testimonials on this unit. I thought the guys who owned these were in love with these units.

mwall2230

Name
Mike Wallace
I really like my 870. I've ran 2 spinners at 1500 psi for 8 hours straight and dual wanded for 10 hours straight with no loss in performance. It has all the heat and vac you will ever need, it's a really well designed unit. The heat exchangers are rated for up to 2500psi. I haven't had any bugs in the first year. If you have any questions just ask and I'll try and answer them.

Last edited:

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
I really like my 870. I've ran 2 spinners at 1500 psi for 8 hours straight and dual wanded for 10 hours straight with no loss in performance. It has all the heat and vac you will ever need, it's a really well designed unit. The heat exchangers are rated for up to 2500psi. I haven't had any bugs in the first year. If you have any questions just ask and I'll try and answer them.

Do you know who's ecu is on it . We're they locate it.

gene

Red Green

Name
Red

Ever measured lift/cfm/heat?

How many GPH of fuel are you burning at the three speed settings?

J

JS41035

The Everest is the Flagship for prochem. But the 870 doesn't seem to get as much attention. Maybe people are scared to stuff one in a cargo van. I've heard that they really don't fit. But then a Genesis kinda seems wedged in a van.
The 870 has got to be hotter than an Everest. Especially with higher flow.
Why don't these Truckmount MFGs make some decent promotional videos? Like a frame up build. Then show it running and set up in a van. Aerotech does the best so far. There website has a several minute video of an AT in action. Plus they did the complete truck build thread.
When you see a shiny new Truckmount in action, you want it. A simple time lapse build, a walk around of a decked out vehicle. Kids are putting better produced stuff on YouTube every day.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott

two wands at what length of hoses?
how much fuel burned per hr?
what vehicle do you have it in?
got pictures of your setup?
waste tank filter or inline filter?
apo?

Red Green

Name
Red
people are scared to stuff one in a cargo van. I've heard that they really don't fit.

I have always drooled over the 870 but never gave thought to an install as I assumed it was too big to fit reasonably.
I've also been struggling to decide which new TM to get to replace my tired, worn, and long ready to retire unit.
On a whim I printed out the dimensional spec sheet for the 870 and headed over to Nissan, it turns out it will fit perfectly in a 2500 with a waterpond reel. The reel fits behind the partition out the side door, the waste tank tucks in between the pond and the wheel wells (like they designed it to fit), and with the 870 rear facing against the p/s ww it leaves three feet open to the d/s wall all the way from the rear door to the waste tank....plenty of room.

I've had to hunt but managed to find a couple of pics of an 870 tucked into an Econoline, but that's it.
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.741693015847932.1073741842.283035788380326&type=3

I'm not sure why these vendors & installers don't take more pix of their work as it would help with decisions for sure, here I dismissed the idea of getting one of SS most expensive units. A few install pix on SS website or posted via the installer could make an easy upsell for them.

As for the 870, I can run it on low/med for most residential to save fuel when I work by myself and have all I need on the truck, then use a trailer with a second/third reel for 2.5" hose, longer commercial, dual wand with a monkey, my monster fans, etc. I could also stock the trailer with water recovery equipment as it's something I've always turned down due to not having a quality/capable TM. That way the trailer stays home most of the time and only comes out for 'big' stuff. I don't 'need' an 870 for residential, not by a long shot (or the $10k price diff). But having the option to stop turning down jobs and maybe even start marketing for big stuff and water recovery might make it worthwhile. That or someone will get a great deal on a gently used 870 in 5-10 years :-)

Scott, I too would love to know the real world fuel GPH on the 870s three speed settings.

Last edited:

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
I have always drooled over the 870 but never gave thought to an install as I assumed it was too big to fit reasonably.
I've also been struggling to decide which new TM to get to replace my tired, worn, and long ready to retire unit.
On a whim I printed out the dimensional spec sheet for the 870 and headed over to Nissan, it turns out it will fit perfectly in a 2500 with a waterpond reel. The reel fits behind the partition out the side door, the waste tank tucks in between the pond and the wheel wells (like they designed it to fit), and with the 870 rear facing against the p/s ww it leaves three feet open to the d/s wall all the way from the rear door to the waste tank....plenty of room.

I've had to hunt but managed to find a couple of pics of an 870 tucked into an Econoline, but that's it.
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.741693015847932.1073741842.283035788380326&type=3

I'm not sure why these vendors & installers don't take more pix of their work as it would help with decisions for sure, here I dismissed the idea of getting one of SS most expensive units. A few install pix on SS website or posted via the installer could make an easy upsell for them.

As for the 870, I can run it on low/med for most residential to save fuel when I work by myself and have all I need on the truck, then use a trailer with a second/third reel for 2.5" hose, longer commercial, dual wand with a monkey, my monster fans, etc. I could also stock the trailer with water recovery equipment as it's something I've always turned down due to not having a quality/capable TM. That way the trailer stays home most of the time and only comes out for 'big' stuff. I don't 'need' an 870 for residential, not by a long shot (or the $10k price diff). But having the option to stop turning down jobs and maybe even start marketing for big stuff and water recovery might make it worthwhile. That or someone will get a great deal on a gently used 870 in 5-10 years :-)

Scott, I too would love to know the real world fuel GPH on the 870s three speed settings.

holy cow, its huge. takes up the whole side door of an econoline van.

yeah I agree they need more pics to help promote this machine and all the others they sell.
I asked sapphire a bunch of questions about the pro-1200 also.

videos of these machine duel wanding would be great but evidently they don't think they are necessary.

I wanna see the 870 duel wanding, and the pro 1200 duel wanding,
anyone else with me on this?

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
I gotta be honest , I ran an 870 and 570 at customer appreciation day and I was very disappointed. They might have had the pressure relief set low but I wasn't amazed by any means

Red Green

Name
Red
It seems like it but in reality it doesn't take up much more of a footprint than many others, I've made paper templates for the 870, 570, C4, 3D, Stack and other 'larger' units and they all left fairly similar useable space. Most builders seem to go 'up' when building larger units so that is where you lose, but how many actually use that space in their trucks? After the Amtex 'stack', the two SS's left the next most useable when coupled with a waterpond, but the 870 offers far better performance than the Amtex, of it will cost a bit north of $30k...ugh. But I am sooooo very tempted at this point.

holy cow, its huge. takes up the whole side door of an econoline van.

yeah I agree they need more pics to help promote this machine and all the others they sell.
I asked sapphire a bunch of questions about the pro-1200 also.

videos of these machine duel wanding would be great but evidently they don't think they are necessary.

I wanna see the 870 duel wanding, and the pro 1200 duel wanding,
anyone else with me on this?

Red Green

Name
Red
Interesting considering the 870ss claims 16" & 770cfm
I too would be curious what psi it was set at along with what 'speed' it was running.

I gotta be honest , I ran an 870 and 570 at customer appreciation day and I was very disappointed. They might have had the pressure relief set low but I wasn't amazed by any means

Last edited:

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
don't tell me that. John sales called today and offered me a sweet deal on his diesel machine. It's 60 hp Catapillar. I would like a large diesel but I'm a little nervous about his because of the way he heats water. I've never seen one of his diesel machines and spending money site unseen is hard for me. He claims the engine on the 870 is only a 5000 hr engine. I don't really know but I've got 13 on my A15 and it still doesn't burn any oil or waste gas. Not sure what I'm gonna do but it is getting time to replace it. The 870 would be less money but a caterpillar engine would be cool.

Gene

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
nice. thanks for the video. I really like your setup.. nice clean van. not big fan of sprinter since it wont fit into my garage in the winter, it too tall. maybe when I buy another house next year ill look for a bigger garage that I can do more with including inplant rug cleaning.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom