9/12 memories

G

9/12 memories
On 9/11 I was working in a State Department annex near the pentagon. As soon as the first plane went in I knew what it was. I had been waiting for it for Four years. As the evacuations started we were told to stay. Then shortly afterwards we were ordered to clear out as quickly as possible.
On 9/12 when I returned to my office I went to put my lunch in our breakroom. The entire refrigerator was jammed full of KFC chicken, sides and Pepsi Cola.
It turned out that because we had secure com facility that was where the Secret Service hid VP Cheney and his staff. If Cheney lives on KFC and Pepsi I can understand the heart attacks and strokes he has had.
The sad part is that those of us who anticipated 9/11 were not listened to.
Barry O’Connell
www.SpongoBongo.com

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
BarryOC said:
9/12 memories
As soon as the first plane went in I knew what it was. I had been waiting for it for Four years.

What exactly were you waiting for, and why were you waiting for 4 years?

G

Did I know it was going to be jets? Nope. But I knew there would be strikes against the US in our major cities. I watched the strikes against the Russians and I feel in many ways they were a tune up for what they would do for us. I was involved in CT back in 98 when I realized that not only were we in the crosshairs but we were incredibly unprepared. I worked with the military that used to say that since they did not have long range missiles we were safe. I got to the point where I would get my family out of DC on high risk days. I used to wake up at night wondering if tomorrow was the day. After 9/11 I was up for a renewal on my security clearances and I refused to file the renewal and ever since I have refused any federal contracts.
I was on a US Frigate on 9/9 when I heard they assassinated Ahmad Shah Masoud. We were on high alert just before the word came down and I had a hunch something was about to break...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom