90% Isopropyl alcohol in your emulsifier

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Would adding say a cup of 90% isopropyl alcohol to your TM jug of emulsifier decrease drying times for carpet cleaning?

Its added to SHAMPOOS so that they dry faster.

Any complications?

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
I would not think running that in your 220 degree plus machine would be that smart.

I think I read somewhere there is a guy doing something like that but sprays a little on after cleaning. ( mixed with a little smell good )

timnelson

IPA would have no significant effect on dry times unless added in a ratio that would cause serious flammability issues.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
What do you set your flow meter at Jimmy? I'm not convinced you'll get enough in the solution to make a difference.

My father used to do that when he shampooed carpet in the 1960's, but a cup of alcohol to a shampoo solution is a far different story than a chemical injection system.

An employee of a guy I knew out in Colorado burned down a condominium and his customer died when he added IP to his dry cleaning solvent.

Name
Jesse
If you take two cups of water and add ipa to 1 and not the other. You will see that aside from the ipa evaporating the water will evaporate the same.

lesterj2

Re:

Mikey P said:
I personally keep a pint of Sneaky Pete in my hip pocket to help me deal with the Santa Cruz Volvo Moms..
yo Mikey whats Sneaky Pete, LOL... i may need to get me a stash...

Able 1

Name
Keith
Well we can't say you don't read the board! (in depth)

Keith

G

Better to use that alcohol as a spotter; We would want to spray that around with a pump sprayer and burn the house down!! :(

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I asked Joe Domin, Prochem's chemist several years ago about that.

He said to have the effect you're after would take so much alcohol that you would have flammability issues. :shock:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom