$90k + expenses contract

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
That will require almost total suspension of your home/family life, a moderate risk to your physical person & at least 10hour days 6-7 days a week. But you can quit whenever you want and it's pro-rated Per Diem.

What do you think? It's mine if I want it... $90Gs is a lot of $ for me.

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
$4250 per month + $15 per hour overtime, all meals & lodging included.
1 year commitment.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
So this is working for some one else?

Overtime at only $15 doesn't sound very good

I use to do some brick floors in a mall for $125,000 per year. Monday through Saturday. Use to just run a ride on scrubber over them. Top floor one night bottom floor the next night and both floors on saturday night

Drew and I did it most nights but ended up hiring some one else to do it

only took 4 hours per night

Only you can decide if it is worth it

Mikey P

Administrator
The dumbshit wants to go to Iraq to clean peashooters for the Bush Brigade..

I told him he's nuts.

If you go would you wear a Tie Die MB shirt over there?

Name
Jesse
If your going out of business and don't want to start again for 1 year + need to get away from your family then sure.

Put that into effort into yourself and you'll be where you want to be quickly. Sure it's easier to have someone else push you ahead, but push yourself and you can tumble much further.

Jay D

Name
Jay D
WHY? If you pushed yourself and worked overtime here ON YOUR BUSINESS you can do the same numbers. Iraq is a time bomb waiting to go off. IED's waiting for you with your name on it. I would say NO thank you. I have a wife and kids to support over a lifetime not for some short term gain.

Mister Sir

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
With less than "almost total suspension of your home/family life, a moderate risk to your physical person" you can easily net 90K per year especially if you put in "10hour days 6-7 days a week" just working ON your business. Honestly, Jeremy, 90K just isn't that much anymore and certainly not for the risks both emotional and physical that you describe.

The hidden bonus here is a) you probably will not get blown up cleaning carpets and b) you will be building equity in an investment that (properly run) will keep appreciating to help provide for your comfortable retirement. Plus there is no amount of money that would have taken me away from my children long-term and maybe forever when they were small.

It is seldom that virtually everyone is unanimous here. Listen to what your "internet brothers" are telling you, Jeremy.

Steve

PS At the very least wait till after SFS in Langhorne before making a decision. You may feel very differently about both this industry and your potential in it after our five days together. If you don't- then we will have failed you.

vincent

Name
Vincent Sapp
Aren't you the one who is claiming to never have any money, then you go out and get your gf or wife pregnant? Now you want to leave and go on a suicide mission.

I would say you are dumb, stupid, and don't know any better.

Geez whiz, ever try to go out and get a real job.

ron markam

If it is in fact Iraq no thanks.Only you can make the decisions you need to make.There are people on this board that if you will listen to them they can help you build your business.I suspect you are somewhat impatient with the growth of your business but it takes time.Btw while it may seem like it NO JOB IS SECURE.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Benefits?

Think of you and you family's survival and NOT these rah rah's here.

YOU have a gut feeling about it.....follow your instincts friend.

tim

I can tell you as a man that just lost his twin brother (44) to a sudden heart attack, nothing is worth the risk of leaving your kids fatherless and your wife a widow. It is a tough road for them and it is forever. Money is a necessary evil but I would rather live in a cardboard box with my family than a mansion without them. It's hard to put life in perspective sometimes but money is waaaaaaay down the list of what is important. Kiss your wife and kids, then get up earlier and stay up later building your business. Much more positive use of your time.

TimP

I had a deal on the table that would take away my weekends and most of my family time for 6 months of the year for about the same cash total for a yr deal that would include cleaning of 400 homes once a year and for 6 months maintaining on weekends for a property manager. I decided not to give up my weekends and that money wasn't as important as family. I believe that things will work out in the end and that I can build my business up over time in other ways. Although I gave them my terms I haven't heard back from them and I doubt I will since it's been a few weeks, not that I expected them to accept. Although very tempting my weekends are worth more to me than what anyone can pay.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom