93 Chevy G30 water pump.

steamron

Name
Ron
I love my van, it is in pretty good shape, I trade off cleaning work with a friend who owns a big body shop.

It started leaking the other day. Local Chevy said its a 3.3 hour job.
I know of a Chevy mechanic who can do it in 2 hours and he said it can be done from underneath, he wont have to remove anything from up top.

I never had to have this done, is that possible?

Thanks

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
I'll let you know as soon as mine gets done at the shop. It's been in the shop for 2 days getting thermostat and water pump replaced.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Far as I can tell on my 2003 Express, you gotta pull the fan shroud to even get at the water pump. When I replaced the radiator a few years ago, it was simpler than it looks. Pull the shroud, upper, disconnect the trans lines, hoses, and lift the radiator out. The water pump is right there. A little pricey as water pumps go. You know, in the olden days, a water pump was $20-30 bucks. I think my 03 Express pump can be as high as $250, depending if you buy quality or crap.

hydracat

Im pretty sure I did mine in an hour and a half or so. Shroud off, belt off, fan off, bolts out. New one I think was under 40.00 bucks. This was a standard throttle body 350.

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
My 95 GMC has a split shroud and you only need to take the top off and top radiator hose. Easy job.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I have replaced a few Chevy van water pumps.....to me it is much easier to pull the fan shroud....
gives you more then enough room to remove the fan and fan clutch......once those are out of your way it is easy access to water pump...

2 hour job at best...............

Back
Top Bottom