A 45 and a 50 of 2.5 should get me how much lift?

Rex Tyus

Mikey P said:
My SW2100 should be reading what when capped off?

2.5 right to the tank with GG elbow.

I would have to look up the specs on the 45. But once you get the chart. Max out the RPMs and the max hg tolerence when capped off. If it is plumbed right from the blower to the tank the 2.5 inch hose upgrade will have it screaming. I know this don't help much but I got a Budlight buzz. 8)

Jay D

Name
Jay D
I think someone said 7 hg. I set Mine at 14hg with 100 ft out to the wand with the wand on a piece of carpet. (no 2.5" hose)

TimP

A 45 blower I would think can pull 14 HG's but it depends on the manufacturer of the blower.

Rex Tyus

There is a chart that list the tolerence level by model. There is a direct corelation with the rpm. I am having trouble accessing it online however. I had printed off a copy once but can't find it.

The "lift" is nothing more than the tolerence the blower will withstand. The objective is to have a system with the highest tolerence possible at total restriction ie intake ports capped off, with the highest rpm (this produces CFM). When you cap off the vacuum port all air feeding the blower is coming through the vac relief. This is when it is good to have the max reading on your vac gauge. Once you have your safety point set then you work to REDUCE the reading on the vac guage(without creating a leak obviously) under operating conditions. One problem many slideins, and PTO's without the electronic throttle control have is when you put them under load the engine doesn't compensate adequately and the rpm drops as the restriction increases. This can dramatically reduce the air intake.

Greenie

Mikey P said:
My SW2100 should be reading what when capped off?

2.5 right to the tank with GG elbow.

Assuming you are running 3000+ rpms, you will get 15"hg when fully capped....of course....you'll NEVER see anything near that while actually cleaning with 2.5", just set it and forget it.

lance

Jeff.....

Do you say that because it doesn't have a Bayco valve and a typical valve leaks air before the relief point is reached?

Or because the 45 has a 2.5 inch intake and the 2.5 hose will make less restriction than 2 inch hose?

TimP

It's because of the restriction. A blower run with 2.5 hose at least mostly 2.5 wont ever hit the set point (safety point) because of the lack of restriction in the hose, as long as you aren't under driving it too. And of course that's what you want. You will be running higher cfm which will dry the carpet faster. You only need probably 4-5 hgs to actually pull the moisture if even that much, and usually you're wasting 10hg's with restriction. What will end up happening is that you're going to pull the moisture faster from the yarn and faster to the waste tank in the hose which will leave the carpet dryer. The wand will also pull harder to the carpet too thus proving better suction.

In actuallity this makes your blower perform like a larger blower. When your HG is higher your CFM's decrease. If you keep the HG's down you'll run higher CFM and have the same net or even more usable lift at the wand thus creating the effect of a larger blower.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
he said "capped off", right?

vEEgs, the HG will be what ever you set it at.
I don't give a sheet if you're using 10" hose.
cap it off, and the HG goes to what ever your set at

am i missing something???

Mike, set you relief to pull 14 HG with vac port blocked.
If you don't get the same HG reading with the end caped off of 50, 100, or 200ft of hose, you have air leaks in the hose and/or connections

..L.T.A.

TimP

We are talking about with a wand......not capped off. You cap it off to set your "set point" or your "safety point" Meaning if you were to have a clog or something happened to block the system off. Your relief valve wont allow your blower to go above the set point in lift. As to not ruin your blower.

You wont run max HG with your blower with larger hose because of less restriction and the reasons above as long as you have a wand connected and of course with glides as they don't "cap" off your wand. And you don't want it capped off when you're cleaning because that's just plain dumb to do.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Mikey;

The Steamway #4 blower should produce 14" lift at the end of any sealed hose set.

Newer #4 blowers can operate a couple of inches higher.

The 2.5" vac will reduce the loss of lift....

when you are actually extracting on the carpet.

That is the advantage of larger vac hose or 4 to the door.

It reduces the loss of lift from the TM to the wand.

Larry

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom