A/C Went Out Today

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Nissan 2004 UD 1400

Finished a 2nd floor commercial job around 7pm and when I got in truck no A/C! I noticed some humming noices yesterday that seem to be coming from the a/c button but, it only lasted a minute or so and quit. Started blowing not so cold air and later warm to hot air. Checked it out when I arrived home, but do not see coolant recharger ports like you usually find on a car. Ok, I'm a candy ass and like my a/c after a hard days work.

I had a 2000 Nissan Maxima a few years back that did the same thing, charged it once and never had the problem again. I put 314k on that baby (then gave it to my 16 year old for his first car a year ago and it's still going) best car I ever owned.

Any one else had a problem with their a/c? Do I need to conseed and just take to the shop? I really like doing as many repairs as possible for cost savings and knowledge.

Thanks,
Billy
http://www.cleancarpetwizards.com

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
some where there is a cabin filter...I think it is under the glove boxes.????

It may be plugged and need replaced.....I don't use my a/c but a friend of mine here in town had the same type of problem and they replaced the filter and the unit started breathing again and he hasn't had any problems since....cheap place to start anyway.....

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Thanks Jim,

I'm at it all day tommorow have a resy at 10am and a Church at 12. I will look through Brad's cd he sent me on the Ud1400 and find that filter so I will know where to start looking. Sounds like a possibility.

Name
BradFenstermaker
Billy if you look in the grill on the front of the truck you will see the freon nipples.

Can you hear the clutch kicking on? A can of freon from local parts store and see what happens.

Filter sounds like a good place to check also.

Let us know what it is.

Later

clean one

You don't want to hook it up to the high pressure side. 1st look and see if the clutch is turning, is the lines sweating or frozen. I would think there is a cabin filter too.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
i found the part number for the heater air fliter, it is 272741T100 but it does not come out on the diagram of heater assembly and dont know why. hope this helps.

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Thanks guys for all the suggestions. I will move forward on this, this evening as I clean my breather stone.

Ok Brad, found the low pressure port. Bought 2 of the small cans. Removed the grill, started truck, ac on max, plugged up first can with my gauge. At first it would not take any freon although it showed that it was low in the green. Tried a different can with a different hose and it would not take it there either. Since this was an auto feed line I shook the can real well and let it set. Also no the clutch was not kicking in and the lines were dry not frosted or sweaty. I proceeded to take the dash apart to get to the filter, after all the disassembly couldn't locate the d... thing even though I had printed out 3 pages of diagrams from your cd Brad. When I went to get a pop I notice the truck rpm kick up and went back to check freon can and shook it some more and it finally started getting cold, it sucked that can in in about 3 minutes, so I hooked up the second can with the gauge and it took it also. I'm not sure why it wouldn't take the freon to start with. The gauge ended in about the middle of the blue. I increased motor rpm to 1,500 while I put the dash back together and it got very cold!! Who knows? Well it seems fixed for now anyway.

So I got to everything except the breather stone and I will tackle that in the morning so I can let it soak while I enjoy my 2nd fathers day off in 35 years!

Thanks to all
Bill
http://www.cleancarpetwizards.com

[attachment=2:2l3y6jy5]IMG_0787.JPG[/attachment:2l3y6jy5]
[attachment=1:2l3y6jy5]IMG_0789.JPG[/attachment:2l3y6jy5]

Ok this is both funny and frustrating, I went back and looked at diagram and realized I had the screws out on the filter but thought it was a cover to something (I thought this was a side view when actually it is the front view). I couldn't pull it off "or out" because of fuse box. So if problem happens again I know where to go now, and the glove comp. do not have to come out at all....... heck, I think I will go ahead and clean the filter and blow out the condenser coils while I'm at it, since after all this truck came from out west, and if this filter clogs up like a house filter it needs to be cleaned anyway.
[attachment=0:2l3y6jy5]AC diagram.jpg[/attachment:2l3y6jy5]

Still no a/c. I cleaned the filter, blew out the condenser coil. Tried to charge again, and again couldn't get it to take. Reading was in the red warning so I even released some freon and I still couldn't get it to take the seal kit nor the freon. Will try something else at a later time.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom