A day in the life of Brian Hanna

Mikey P

Administrator
Hey Brian

I'm a bit curious as to what you do over there.

Please describe your average and not so average day for me/us..

I'm also curious as to how many of your residential wall to wall, advertised price/coupon/in and out type (how's that for PC?) customers use your in plant rug cleaning service?

Brian H

Name
Brian H
In one sentence: I make sure that the work we have scheduled today gets done today.

My day starts at 6:45. From then until 7:30ish I work on getting the crews out. During that time I deal with overnight issues such as putting same day service jobs put into routes, taking in prior days work and handing out that days work to the crews. I answer questions about jobs that the crew may have concerns with. Mostly what I do is make sure things are flowing smoothly until our head cashier and head dispatcher get in at 7:30.

At around 7:30 I go to my desk and return overnight emails, and listen to any voice mails and try and get my day organized... This is actually the quietest part of my day even though I am available to anyone in the building that are having issues. The Customer Care Coordinators (we call them C3s) and dispatcher normally make their way in during that time as well so that at 8:00 am when our phones go live, we are ready to rock!

Every morning after that is different but the same... paperwork that includes payroll, auditing of prior days work, monitoring of incoming calls, answering questions from C3s on customers, dealing directly with customers, dealing with "I want to speak to the manager" calls, handling customer complaints, go to visit customers with issues....

I do basic repair on our 8 or so office printers and 20 or so P.C.s. I trouble shoot software issues and figure out why things aren't printing, posting, and so on. Do primary troubleshooting of the phone system, end sets and head sets. I do some building repairs, fix office furniture, handle basic electrical problems,

I also will jump in and help take cleaning orders, help out with our dispatchers, cover for the cashier, oversee our commercial cleaning department, meet with sales people...

With very few exceptions, there isn't a job in this company that I haven't done. I have cleaned under the Moores machine (in a shirt and tie), repaired vehicles and equipment, restrung overhead garage doors, done rug repair, both hand and machine, mopped out bathrooms, honey dipped the main drain in our garage, jumped into the 40 yd dumpster to redistribute the load, filled crew lockers, and anything else that needs to be done.

At customers homes I have cleaned carpet, upholstery, drapes, tile, VCT and spot cleanin. I can do carpet repair and restretching
re-installation. Replace door closers, replace landscaping burnt by the truck, repair damaged drape pulls, repair broken lamps, fix broken legs on sofas, plug in tvs and electrical components that we unplugged.

During lunch time, I try to stay available to keep an eye on the phones and jump in when needed. I almost always eat at my desk and use that time to go on line and check out Mikey'sboard and other forums.

Most of the rest of my day is pretty much the same, with about 4 hours of meetings sprinkled in through out the week.

Sorry for rambling... It's late in the day for me and I was trying to get some other work done while writing this...

Oh and I get to go straight home tonight and not stop at a customer's home to give and estimate, pick up rugs, address a concern, etc.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Brian..quick question...
is the Onion Roll Deli still closed....
i drove all the way down there about two months ago and it was closed
for remodeling.......i suspect worse!
best damn deli in Mi!

Brian H

Name
Brian H
is this a five or 6 day a week gig?[/QUOTE

It's a 5 day week, with one Saturday every 4 weeks. ( make that every 3 weeks for now.)

Don't feel too bad for me, it sounds a lot worse then it is... and it's a position that I have grown into. We have tripled in size since I started and it helps to have slowly built up to where we are today. I couldn't imagine just getting plopped into my job and trying to make it work.

My days will be changing though as I take on more of ken's duties and turn more of what I currently do to others.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom