A do over!

G

Okay...lets assume for fun that you were getting into the carpet cleaning and water damage business today....you have $100k to dump into the company....what would you buy? how would you structure out the company? what would wait and what would be priority? Cmon...bring your skills.

Everything from equipment to day one of working...ads maybe? phones need to be ringing! Assume you don't have to repay the money either...lets make it fun!

Darren

G

okay I forgot I was talking to carpet cleaners...lol

Since you did it right the first time and dont need a "do over"....what did you do? LOL oh, and stop at a $100k :roll:

Darren

G

Is that really your plan? I thought this question would be kind of fun actually. Oh well.

Didnt someone say Vortex went belly up? or am I wrong?

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
Man I wish I would have had a 100k. :cry:

This is how it would break down for me.

20,000 for one of Ken Snows Butlers
2,500 for a wrap
900 turbo tool
900 carpet wand
800 175 rpm rotary
500 upholstery tool
1,000 misc tools, spotting kit, etc
------------
26, 600 for equipment but let's round that up to 27k for incidentals

Now on to the important stuff
1500 Service monster first year
7500 Full circle first year service
1500 website design
1500 website seo for one year
2500 for designing advertising materials (logo, business cards, services menu, referral cards, invoices, 12? postcards for monthly mailing, etc, etc)
21,000 for mailing 5000 postcards monthly for new propects If you mailed the same card every month this could be done even cheaper due to volume I believe but I'm not sure if thats better or changing it up monthly
--------------------------------
35,500 for advertising that is 62,500 so far

The remaining 37,500 is a little trickier but I believe I would keep that in savings to live off of in the beginning and hopefully within 6 months or sooner hire a helper.

Hopefully after the first year I would be in a position to make a choice, stay 1 truck with a helper or keep growing into a second truck. If I decide to just stay myself and a helper I should have enough repeats and referrals to stay somewhat busy with the help of good service and service monster staying in contact. If I decide to work towards a second truck I should be pulling in enough business to pay to continue sending the postcards maybe even increase the amount I'm sending. I would add a second truck asap to use as a back up and for overflow work until I had enough to keep it busy full time.

If only it were this easy.........well actually if only I would have had 100k in the bank when I started. For that matter if I could just "come into" 35k right now maybe I could give my business a kick in the rear end.

Ok let the ripping apart begin.

G

Hey Joey895,

Pretty cool plan!..... would you get into any of the water damage stuff? I think your plan would do well. I'm a little concerned with the post card campaign...not saying its bad....just not sure how good it would do and that's a lot of cash to dump into postcards and mailings. Do you have experience with the success of doing it this way? Ive always wanted too but would never get off the money to try it and see. If you have the past experience in that let me know.

Thanks for the homework! !gotcha!

Darren

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom