Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
the vinyl guy messes up a couple of items but will get them fixed later

the dog hates the truck

vortextruck2ex5.jpg

vortextruckug0.jpg

vortexbuddyns2.jpg

I built a wall inside the truck and put insulation in the ceiling and walls and then put carpet on the walls
vortexwalloj0.jpg

vortexceilingzf8.jpg

vortexceiling2yo3.jpg

here it is stuffed full with carpet on the walls, 2 wands , airpaths in the back with 2 more fans up front, op machine, crb machine, RX 20, extra 2.5" hose, etc
vortextruck4ga3.jpg

the machine and the water softener in the corner and up-close picture of the pressurized warm water prespray hook up. The red hose is a live fresh water hose reel
vortextruck5dl8.jpg

vortexwatersoftenerwp4.jpg

jimphoto3es7.jpg

new blower exhaust heat exchanger, blower with cover and the water take with the oil and anti freeze heaters on it

vortexheatersgg9.jpg

machine running after 1/2 hour with 2 wands running. One jetted at 10 flow the other at 12. Therm oil temp is set at 290 running @ 1700 rpm. I had put on a few stickers to help remember little needed tips
vortexrunningub0.jpg

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Very nice..........

clean looking.......and easy to read.........

here is a idea for you soft water tank...........

I built this so that when I fill and charge it I don't have to disconnect everything all the time.......

it is a buy pass .I just shut off the supply and open the drain and when I take the plug out to add salt it don't leak all over my truck.I have the hose going down to the ground..(blue hose).......then I just turn on the water and charge it up..........

when done just shut off the drain and turn back on the supply and you are ready to go.........makes it so much neater and easier....

100_3571.jpg

mwall2230

Name
Mike Wallace
I would like to buy a Vortex, but I cant park the big thing at my house. Where do you guys park them if your in a deed restricted community.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I got a friend of mine in the colder climate and he can't have his at his home so he has a heated storage building that he rents.........

the place is huge.....in the winter he will park a few of his other cars in there and in the summer just the Vortex.........

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
There are NO deed or subdivision restrictions in Jim Martin's trailer park.

Becker

Name
Becker
Thank god for neighborhoods protected by CC&Rs, and thank god there are places for those to live that don't want the protection.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Nope.........there is no H.O.A. in my hood...........

been there done that....there are your true Nazi's

Numero Uno

Name
Caesar
Very nice,I hope it does all you ask...

My wife wants the dog...

I would get a underdog costume and have a caption...

Have no fear,underdog referred us here...

Or shining shoes did not pay enough,so I am here at Drew and Steve's...

Use him for family pictures with Clients kids.

Set up one day for a customer appreciating day.An in addition to hot dogs and giveaways.Have a picture Booth set up .

They get a picture of there kids with underdog,a charity gets the proceeds...

But that dog has money possibilities...Tell him hey you wanna be a star ?

A few scooby snacks for a bribe should work well...

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
that waste tank could be used for a mobile bomb shelter. Man, that thing is BIG.

Nice looking rig. I have the same set up on my softener, but I keep my brine tank in that back left corner behind the water tank. Steve, how many drains do you have for the waste tank?

Jim, I notice your water tank does not go as far to the left (driver side) as mine does. Is yours 220 gal?

bc

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
my tank is only 140 gallons..............so I have the extra space on each end.........

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
one drain, the other drain you see is for the filter box that is to the left, it hooks up directly to the 3 ports on the outside wall

Jim replaced his tank with a round fresh water tank

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
Ok, makes sense on the tank and drains.

Steve, I have 2 airpaths just like that. I store them upside down stacked on top of each other. It keeps them from moving or tipping over. It has been the only way I have found to keep them still. Plus it lets you stack them for more room. :D

Becker

Name
Becker
Mike is just Jealous because I can fit not only 1 full sided van in my garage, but 3.

I'm not even sure the doors on Mikes garage are wide enough for his wife's car to fit in.

I'm not sure if a Vortex is in my future or not, but if it is, I'm pretty sure I'd need a place to park it on the weekends at least.

I'm glad my hood has CC&Rs. No one parks on their lawn around here.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
mine is an e-z glide, I won it in a drawing at Connections from John @ CCS (the Blue Board)

probably the same machine as a defender

I have an op machine for sale, Conqueror machine if you want one

If you might get one go drive one first, it might change your mind. It turns really well but is very different to drive. You have to do a lot of parking along the sidewalk because it won't fit in the customer's driveway. This is the only thing I don't like

the machine is awesome, did a restaurant the other day, Drew bonnet brush & shower fed scrubbed the carpet, I followed with a hole glided RX 20, it sure got some attention from people walking by the restaurant while we were cleaning it

if not for over spray from the RX the carpet would have been close to dry to the touch right after cleaning, 20 feet away the carpet already felt dry without air movers

Brian, I did the same thing at first but I am going to put eye bolts in the floor and strap them down, just have not got that far yet

Don, thanks for the comments on the other BB, I really appreciate it

Askal

RIP
Name
Al
Nice looking machine and truck. Signs could have more pop!! though. Listen to Ceas. about the dog. That sounds great. Killer heat it sounds like.
Al

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
the signage looks great but I think its the logo that takes away from it. It looks too plain, unfinished. Maybe filling it in and using some colour in it.

Or maybe use a wrap material and a picture of a actual man with a wand.

Tony Dees

What is that flooring material that you have the metal floor covered with?

Does it insulate?

I called a carpet installer to carpet the floor of my AT, He never got back to me.

Being in a cold state I just cut an laid 1 inch siding insulation all over the place. Looks like crap.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I use this stuff to carpet the floor

I get it from Home Depot

Looks good...very durable

it has a rubber backing but it in not thick so it breathes real good......

I don't put it down in large sections this is a 2 ' X 5' roll......
and I just duct tape the back together.......and it holds great.

I don't practice mixing chemicals in my truck
but nevertheless accidents happen and I can just undo one section and replace it and keep the truck looking nice and clean..the stuff is not to expensive.....

IMG_2590.jpg

Back
Top Bottom