A flow question

F

FB7777

I'm running a Greenhorn with 5 02 jets @550-600PSI

I was thinking of running 5 03 jets and backing off the CAT pump pressure to around 400-450 this pressure is what I prefer using for my stair tool and upholstery tools anyways so it would make it simpler to have one pressure.

Also , my thinking is that running lower pressure is better long term for the pump am I correct?

What are your thoughts?

F

FB7777

if I increase my jet size can't I lower the pressure and achieve the same flow?

Thus saving my Butler CAT pump

harryhides

Name
Tony
I have a chart that shows what happens to flow rate as you vary either psi or orifice size but I'll be damned if I'll tell YOU.

:p

Besides all will be revealed by the MF testing

but only to those in attendance................

The supply from the hose will be less than the gpm of the jets. Do a bucket test and you will see. Then remove all your jets and do a simple flow test to see the max your system will produce. You can also remove one jet and place a pressure gauge in it's place to see what the actual cleaning pressure is. Divide the drop by number of jets used, then multiply by number of jets total and you will be very close to the actual pressure drop with all jets flowing..

formulas don't work in our environment. Too many quick connects, valves, fittings, plumbing configurations and differences in rpm of the pumps. An actual flow test is best and easy to do.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom