A Goodbye from a Friend

MB Exclusive.
Credits
Name
Jim Pemberton
I just received this message from a long time customer who retired from the industry just a few years ago. He's in his early 60's. Its one that we should take to heart when we think about what is really important each day, and how we want to see our lives at the end of them.

What a coincidence that his name is "Ken", as few days go by that I don't think of Ken Snow still.

"Hi Jim,
Been wanting to contact you and the next thing ya know a year and a half just fly by.
Hope you and the Pemberton gang are doing well. Please tell everyone I said “Hello”.
This is what happened to a guy that loved the business;

In December of 2017 I was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer that cannot be cured or operated on. They can only prolong my life, but I’ve seen miracles happen more than once.
I have already went thru 10 radiation treatments to get my voice back, then 14 chemo treatments, then 7 immunotherapy treatments (which is supposed to be the best for lung patients) and even while getting treatments the cancer went to my brain in 4 places. So they put me on 10 more radiation treatments but after 6 of those I just couldn’t take the side affects of the treatments anymore and have had Hospice come to my home for the past 3 weeks.

Don’t know how long I have, nobody does! I just want to thank you, your pap, and crew for that combined devotion to the industry. I loved the business & miss it very much. I lived a good life and have no regrets or resentments.
And that’s what happened to this cleaning tech.
Hope all is well
Ken"

I hope when my end comes I can face it with the same grace and courage this man has. I am grateful that my children and I are close, and that calling to tell them that I love them doesn't make them worry that I'm "losing it".

Like Ken said, nobody knows how long we have.

Let's all make every day our best.

Credits
Name
Marty Sutley
I just got back from a customers house. His wife had us clean because he’s about to have a bone marrow transplant ... bone cancer. If it’s successful, it might prolong his life 6 to 8 years. He told me “if I get another 8 years, I’ll be 80 and it’ll be time to die.

This guys faith is in Jesus
Wonder if your friends is too?

Credits
Name
Ron Marriott
I just got back from a customers house. His wife had us clean because he’s about to have a bone marrow transplant ... bone cancer. If it’s successful, it might prolong his life 6 to 8 years. He told me “if I get another 8 years, I’ll be 80 and it’ll be time to die.

This guys faith is in Jesus
Wonder if your friends is too?
Sounds like he has faith in his doctor too.

Credits
Name
Marty Sutley
Back when I was having a patch of melanoma removed, my local Doctor sent me up to UAB to see a professor in the school of medicine.
First thing he asked me was if I worked around chemicals.

MB Exclusive.
Credits
Name
Jim Pemberton
Lately Jim you've been a Debbie Downer
Not to worry Jimmy. You told me once that if I listen to Barry Manilow it will change my life. As you have always been a beacon of reason in a troubled world and my spiritual adviser, I will be sure to do that.

MB Exclusive.
Credits
Name
Jim Pemberton
How so Marty?

Its the truth that all of us in the supply end of the industry have sold, or still sell, products that have some scarey ingredients.

My answer to Mike was an honest one. Bringing up the company and brand won't make him better, nor is there proof that those specific products caused his illness.

I shared the sad message as a reminder of the perspective that we should all have regarding our mortality.

Credits
Name
Ron Marriott
It seems we know a lot about what causes cancer but we don't seem to know a lot about why some people are more susceptible than others. My grandfather on my mother's side lived into his late nineties but smoked a pack a day of cigarettes. He was an avid outdoorsman, still fishing and canoeing by himself until just before he died. Other people who have never smoked die of cancer very young. Still, we need to protect ourselves from what we know.

Credits
Name
Jimmy L
Jim I come here to be entertained. To leave all of my troubles behind. Not worrying about my dying family members or other family issues.
Think of it as like going to a sporting event.............to get away...relax.

Where is that Jim we all know and love? One who isn't afraid to tell us about his homosexuality . Or his morning bathroom habits.

Administrator
Credits
Name
Mike Pay-oh-tay
Jim I come here to be entertained. To leave all of my troubles behind. Not worrying about my dying family members or other family issues.
Think of it as like going to a sporting event.............to get away...relax.

Where is that Jim we all know and love? One who isn't afraid to tell us about his homosexuality . Or his morning bathroom habits.

Look in the mirror ....Jim....

Last edited:
Credits
Name
Tony Stark
Back when I was having a patch of melanoma removed, my local Doctor sent me up to UAB to see a professor in the school of medicine.
First thing he asked me was if I worked around chemicals.
He could tell you were brain damaged before you spoke? Amazing! That's a great doctor. 😉