a interesting and challenging situation at the Vegas RMH

Mikey P

Administrator
So we have an interesting and valuable teaching lesson for the AHSCARC students in September waiting for us at the Vegas RMH. Last year when we cleaned the kitchen and dining room tile and grout certain areas were to be color sealed and others just cleaner sealed (with Saigers). It turns out that some carpet cleaners don't listen to directions well and the freshly clear sealed areas got color sealed as well.

Fast forward a year and a half we now have a grouted floor that is absolutely filthy (see attache pics) that would normally require a high pH cleaning like Tsunami, Ultrapak Extreme or the like, 1000 plus psi and lots of heat and scrubbing.

If we use high pH and high pressure and temperature we will almost definitely remove SOME of the color seal as well. If you removed color seal in the past you know that it never comes off easy or thoroughly. We only have 6 hours or so to fix this floor so we will HOPE that the color seal attached well to the freshly clear sealed floor and attempt to cleaning it with a mild cleaner and gentle scrubbing and low temps and pressures. If this does not work we will have plenty of stripper, an 870 and lots of wire brushes and knee pads on hand to do the right thing, in 6 hours.... gulp!

1591201076132.png
1591201106717.png
1591201135070.png
1591201145715.png
1591201155903.png
1591201178394.png

F

FB7777

That was a great group of hard working cleaners in Vegas January 2019

all the hard surface floor work left something to be desired though... It seemed odd to be working side by side with Saiger applying A sealer to dirty tile and grout

• Haha
Reactions: Fat Mike

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
That was a great group of hard working cleaners in Vegas January 2019

all the hard surface floor work left something to be desired though... It seemed odd to be working side by side with Saiger applying A sealer to dirty tile and grout
It was cleaned before I applied Sealer...

It just wasn't cleaned by me 😏😉

The running over of color seal was a surprise from over zealous members when we were not babysitting at the moment and I was outside repairing a truckmount to keep us going...

Mikey P

Administrator
The grout was not acid cleaned, a normal step in colorseal prep, so I suspect because of that and that it was clear sealed, it's going to peel off if we hit it hard

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
The floor was cleaned... I was part of that crew like every year... That's my area I guess... After it was cleaned it was sealed with marks sealer... And I guess no one remembers me saying when I came around the corner and seen them color sealing the floor that it was a bad idea because it was already sealed and you were going to have a ton of problems because the color seal should have never been put on... I mentioned it to a few...

If it were me.. I would hit it with the strongest stuff I have.. ( Even if I had to go get a stripper)... I would think that the color seal is not sticking that well because marks sealer is not allowing it to absorb into the grout..... From this point... If the color seal does not come complete off... Once it is dry... Just have them redo the color seal and blend it all back again

Reactions: Mikey P

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom