A little fire

miksar

Supportive Member
Name
Mike Fent
So we were cleaning upstairs and the TM shuts off, custy comes running and shouting that the van's on fire. Oh crap all sorts of things going through my head. Sure enough there's fire, grab the extinguisher and put it out. After my heart settled down, went to check it out more closely and the coupler ring came apart and the rubber spacer things went everywhere.
One of them landed on the engine exhaust and caught fire. So I take it to get it fixed today, they tell me this a common problem with my model and there is an upgrade put out by Hydromaster. Do manufacturers ever have recalls on these things?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
What's more expensive to the manufacturer? The price of the recall or the price of fixing one every once in a while?

You make the "call".

Name
I'm Rick James
Funny. I had the same thing happen to me when I first bought my HM. I loss suction and went out side to see black smoke pouring out my van, thinking it was going to burn down, it turned out the coupler shredded. Now I keep an eye on that like a hawk and always check the tightening screws to hold it in place. Never had an issue since.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Brian R said:
What's more expensive to the manufacturer? The price of the recall or the price of fixing one every once in a while?

You make the "call".

In a short term you are right Brian...however in a long term, how many potential customers do they lose by not taking care of the issue and how many possible repeat customer will they lose this way? So in my opinion it will cost more NOT doing a recall on a well known problem!

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
They will probably think they can make it up with great customer service on the problem at hand when it happens.

You never know.

And really, how many others will know that the problem is happening with anyone else but them unless they read the boards or stay in touch.

Most don't

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom