A Little Help Please

Gary T

My friggen brain was somewhere else yesterday and I didn't mask off some carpet. Then I went ahead and transferred some color seal haze along with some color from a red 3m pad onto this lady's 3 day old carpet. I didn't even know it happened until I got the call an hour later.

I don't know what the fiber is yet, but it is one of those ugly sculpted things with the designs in it. She is going to call me with the specifics. The area involved is 1" by 8". The cs is acrylic. Any ideas on how to fix this.

Is there anyone in Northern Il who might be willing to take a look at this for me?

Let Me Have It.

Thanks

I would try Power Gel from CTI mixed 20-1 and mist it on and let dwell for 20 min.

I did this on paint overspray and it worked well.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Did you Mik..err molly's garage?!

He has so many samples and tries so many things.. how is he going to be able to tell them one product from another! :mrgreen:

Polypropolene is Olefin.. Olefin is Polypropolene.. Olefin is the 'brand' name under which it is most often associated. It is always solution dyed and inherently resistant to permenent stains.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
I also noticed you don't do any carpet cleaning.... The only cleaners up in the Chicago Area that we know are

www.rmcarpets.com .

I don't know if they would travel that far north. But they a very trustworthy company up that way.

P.E.T. carpet made from recycled plastic soda bottels.

A quailty prespot and agitation with good dwell time finished with high pressure hot water should cure it. Also known as a carpet clean. If this doesnt work then try a gel spotter like OJ ( i swear by this stuff) and you still cant get it then a spotter like P.I.G ( remember to apply PIG to a clean towel then agitate into stain in a circular motion , as this chemical will delaminate the backing fast ) .

You should always start with your least aggresive approach and then works up.

If you cant remove it then mb a patch .GL....

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
No Lance, he has Polypropolene carpet.. not P.E.T.carpet. Polypropolene is Olefin.. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olefin_fiber

But your approach is very accurate, but anybody else notice the guy does not clean carpet, so anybody know any body up that way could probably help him out of this jam.. Also You do not want to do a patch on a 3 day old carpet exspecially at a transition doorway, the sooner you get to it the better.

Gary T

Thanks guys. I'll be heading over there tomorrow to meet with the installer's go-to guy. We'll see wha happens. BTW, the solv gel took the color seal out of the buffing pads when I tested at my shop with no problem.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Color seal is acrylic? Did i mis-read something. I would have used Pro Solve Gel, agitation, top it with straight power gel, let that neutralize, and scrape it up into a towel.

Now that you've helped him, help me.

What is this substance made out of and why use power gel diluted?

A little OJ and agitate with a gum getter or my favorite the nike shuffle followed by hot water extraction.Repeat as needed. OJ is better 10 fold or more.

Why use a gel , a gel will float on the surface with almost no worry of delamination.

Whats it made from , well the name says it all.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
lancehollister said:
A little OJ and agitate with a gum getter or my favorite the nike shuffle followed by hot water extraction.Repeat as needed. OJ is better 10 fold or more.

Why use a gel , a gel will float on the surface with almost no worry of delamination.

Whats it made from , well the name says it all.

Is that the OJ orange gel? I've had more call backs from that than anything else. I threw a whole bottle in the trash. It doesn't rinse out. I take five or six passes thinking I've rinsed it out and then get a call because they can still see it on the carpet.

Ive been useing for 15 yrs and though i do get a call back every now and then its from a new employee. With OJ a little goes a long way .
If you go in and hit all the spots then go back and clean they forget all the spots and fail to rinse it all out. Spot as you go to remove the residue.

But in low heat and low solution levels it can be more difficult to remove.

90 % of the time i remove 90% of the stains with ultra pac and the nike shuffle. Though i dont recommend this technic in a residential situation .

Gary T

Warren of Magic Carpet Pride got the stain out, no big deal really. A big thanks Warren. He also happens to be a Mikey boarder.

Back
Top Bottom