A LITTLE WARNING ABOUT INTUIT GOPAYMENT.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
So Intuit allowed my bank account info to be changed without making me aware of it and in a week some thief managed to steal tens of thousands of dollars from people. So two people have filed disputes on the charges with numerous more to pop up. Now they expect me to pay them back for the losses. Intuit takes no responsibility for the situation. This might hurt a little or worse if I have to re-imburse them. Think twice if you are dealing with this company. I might stop taking credit cards.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
My solution is to these constant credit card issues: check or cash.

I don't want to deal with anybody's stupid credit card and the processing companies.

And no, I don't give a crap about your airline miles and points or whatever... And if you're wanting to use the credit card because you're broke, well, sorry..borrow from you're mother in law. :lol:

F

FB7777

Would you mind providing more details Doug?

Trying to understand how your company could be liable .

Were your customer charges put in dispute due to this breach?

F

FB7777

My solution is to these constant credit card issues: check or cash.

I don't want to deal with anybody's stupid credit card and the processing companies.

And no, I don't give a crap about your airline miles and points or whatever... And if you're wanting to use the credit card because you're broke, well, sorry..borrow from you're mother in law. :lol:
I felt that way for some time, but expediting overdue, out of state and very large jobs that might otherwise not become very large jobs made it well worth the transition...

....your results may vary...

Reactions: dealtimeman

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
My bank wasn't involved. We had no clue about the situation until the first disputed transaction. Intuit sent us an email that they refunded the money back to the party. We received none of the money and luckily they couldn't get the money out of our account since it was changed. We actually lost one transaction which was nominal. All Intuit says is "You agreed to a contract, It's your responsibility". I can't get any info as to how it happened since my sign in name and password was changed.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
So far we are at 6k. With numerous 3k+ charges to go. I don't even think Intuit is even chasing down the account the money actually went into. If we had been made aware of the account changed when it was done, we would have shut it down immediately. They still have my email. I feel they are negligent in their lack of action. Not to mention we were given a charge limit when we signed up, and only one transaction was below it.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
My bank wasn't involved. We had no clue about the situation until the first disputed transaction. Intuit sent us an email that they refunded the money back to the party. We received none of the money and luckily they couldn't get the money out of our account since it was changed. We actually lost one transaction which was nominal. All Intuit says is "You agreed to a contract, It's your responsibility". I can't get any info as to how it happened since my sign in name and password was changed.

So if I am reading this correctly, it was your quicken account that was hacked?

So someone got into your quicken account and took control and changed passwords?

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
I'm assuming the GoPayment account.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
No clue.

Able 1

Name
Keith
I can't see how this is your problem.. I use Square I wonder what the wording on their agreement looks like..

Anytime I find something on my card I didn't buy I just call and tell them it's fraud and they reverse the charge. Usually it is just small purchases which will go unnoticed to the normal consumer.. Scammers can charge 100,000 people $10 and make a quick million..

They should be able to tell you where the money went???

Sorry to hear of this, what a pita!!

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
This is a scary story. I know that your/our/anyone's company is now responsible for fraud charges taken by your business. But it is weird that you would responsible for a hacked account and charges made by someone else, not you. I could see if a customer handed you someone elses credit card and you charged it and it was fraud. But not some hacker charging credit cards to your processing account.

Question, do you check your credit card transactions daily or only weekly? I check everyday to see what the guys have charged in credit cards and would def. notice an odd amount. If you checked this daily, you would have seen it and called Intuit right away. How long between when the persons card was charged and you found out about it? I also get emails sent to me every time I CC is processed by one of our techs.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
After the changes were made, I had no access to the account and didn't understand why until I got the first "Dispute" notice. You raise a great question in respect to the fact that you get notices of charges when you take a card. I do also and didn't realize that I didn't get any notices on any of the fraudulent charges. By the time I was notified 2-3 weeks had already passed. Too late to stop anything by then. I don't process many CC transactions. These charges were in the neighborhood of 3-4k dollars each. I have never processed a charge for more than 7 hundred dollars. So many red flags that Intuit could have picked up on.

Reactions: Able 1

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
Definitely. And you have been in contact with their management and they are still saying you are responsible for those charges?

Able 1

Name
Keith
I don't usually pay attention to the emails either.. I also wouldn't know if something went sideways for a while.

They are making money for securing transactions and making life easier, it's on them in my eyes! They should have picked up on the large amounts that were being charged, big red flag!:eekk:

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
So here's an update. The amount is currently at almost 25k. Intuit claims it was a phishing scam where I clicked on a link in a email which caused it. We're not the only victims. And I think they're lying to cover their asses.We filed a police report with our local PD and they agree we are not responsible. The police have dealt with Intuit and the collection agency. Both admit we didn't make the charges but say we are still contractually responsible for the stolen funds. We fully intend to go to court if they see fit. Intuit did nothing to stop these charges. All but one were over our charging limit. Everyone I tell this story to can't believe we would be held liable.

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
Years ago a customer used her husbands credit card to pay the $380 cleaning bill. Once the funds cleared from her payment, we cancelled and closed out that specific account (since we were so done with accepting credit cards by then). The bank sent a letter stating the husband has claimed fraud and they were asking for a new account number to withdraw the disputed amount of $380. We made an effort to call the customer twice and we were ignored. We call the bank and said we could send proof of her signing the invoice and credit card payment receipt. They sent a letter back that states the husband was not aware of the purchase and did not authorize the payment and would like the amount returned to the card. We then notified the bank that the customers were trying to pull a fast one and we were not going to participate any longer. Sorry we cant help you.

Then they must of thought we were stupid and sent a letter stating they had a credit of $380 that they needed an account number to deposit it into.

So within the last 5-7 years Ive only had 1 or 2 him and haw about not being able to use a credit card. Although if you could trust the system you might be able to make more by taking credit cards. You could say - Due to the added cost of credit card processing, invoices will be exempt from any discounts when paying by credit card.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom