A lot of OP/VLM discussion as of late.... Blind bashing too.

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
Seems most here are not personally experienced with it. Seems a bit closed minded to bash a method you haven't used or taken the time to learn how to use. The first time you ran a wand chances are your results are not what they are today.... You improved over time & learned your craft.
Simple fact is while you could turn an 8 or 9 year old child loose with a CX/ Cimex/Brute on lightly soiled carpet the same doesn't hold true on a trashed out rag. Just do me a favor & at least have tried it more than one or 2 times to discount & publicly criticize it. No offense but you probably messed it up or used junk cleaning solutions. I get wonderful results with mine & yes, I extract too.

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
1 Brute & 1 CX, both 17" machines, and a terri towel machine for stairs. What did you get?

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Far too sensitive Jeremy.

Are you a member of the LMCCA too?

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
All I know is that I showed my wife some impressive before and afters that were done with op and told her I had to get me one of those for high rises. She let me know that if someone were to show up to clean her carpet with a towel or heaven forbid clean her couch with a car buffer that she would throw them out faster than you can say "where did the dirt go".

Now don't get me wrong I think that for commercial it's great but I cannot ethically clean someones home, no matter how clean it looks, with that method because "I" know that it's not removing any of the bacteria, germs, etc. and "I" know that there is likely to be kids, babies and people in general laying or crawling around on that carpet or couch. Maybe if my wife wasn't in nursing school and I wasn't constantly exposed to text books talking about bacteria and disease and such I might not feel as strongly.

By the way I'm not suggesting that hwe removes "everything" but it surely removes a whole lot more than a towel. And common sense tells me anytime you clean anything, whether it's your dishes or your carpet you should use water as hot as possible. Don't interpret me giving my opinion on the subject as bashing. If you can convince people to allow you to use that method and your conscience is clear, then I say more power to you.

I think the backlash is from the is from salesmen selling it as a stand alone system. Then finding CCers dumb enough to sell their TM's. That being said I do own a 21" Brute, 17" Defender, Cimex, 175 RPM and a iCapsol. Great tools all of them but none stand alone.

DavidB

Hey Jeremy sorry for the Hijack but,

Do you like the Brute driver or the CX driver better?

Wayne Miller

Name
Wayne Miller
Jeremy, I'm a POG, always have been. For 15 years it made people smile. That's what matters, ain't it? Besides, it's in the IICRC cleaning standard and recognized by some of the mills. It's a long-time staple of the industry and stocked on almost every supplier's shelf. It's growing in popularity and it's here to stay.

This is an old debate. Be glad everybody doesn't understand. It's a guarantee of less competition in a profitable niche.

I'm back in my old stomping grounds after a nearly three year absence. I'm not a bit surprised at the cleaning stories I'm hearing from our old customers. I'm all smiles, very little has changed.

Don't take the debate too seriously, it's a moot point.

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
Dave B-
Blue bristled brush with the Velcro center for me.

John W-
The baby is fine and a few days over 2 months old, but I still wouldn't let you watch him on TV. Thanks for asking. LOL

John G

Now don't get me wrong I think that for commercial it's great but I cannot ethically clean someones home, no matter how clean it looks, with that method because "I" know that it's not removing any of the bacteria, germs, etc. and "I" know that there is likely to be kids, babies and people in general laying or crawling around on that carpet or couch. Maybe if my wife wasn't in nursing school and I wasn't constantly exposed to text books talking about bacteria and disease and such I might not feel as strongly.

First off, you "thinking" on removing bacteria is not even a point, why do you think we use colloidal silver in our cleaning? It is killing MORE than you are removing... lol Now I suppose your quick blast of hot water is KILLING IT?????????????/

By the way I'm not suggesting that hwe removes "everything" but it surely removes a whole lot more than a towel. And common sense tells me anytime you clean anything, whether it's your dishes or your carpet you should use water as hot as possible. Don't interpret me giving my opinion on the subject as bashing. If you can convince people to allow you to use that method and your conscience is clear, then I say more power to you.

You say this why? Common sense isn't all that common anymore and "thinking" doesn't replace experience, and BTW conscience is clear BECAUSE of testing and experience, not because of sitting thinking about it.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
John G said:
Common sense isn't all that common anymore and "thinking" doesn't replace experience, and BTW conscience is clear BECAUSE of testing and experience, not because of sitting thinking about it.

UMMM, Brother John, I'm not a spray'n wipe basher

we use OPee for some jobs

but I'm curious how much TM cleaning "experience" you have in the "real" world?

I'd suggest you're no less bias (and inexperienced) as the peeps on the other side who are HWE only

It's also fact, there is a "perception" factor to over come with spray'n wipe cleaning.
Whether the perception is right or wrong, it's a fact.

Just like Joey's wife, Joni won't have any of it either for "her" carpets.
maybe it's because her carpets are cleaned by some one that knows what they're doing with a TM.
I'm sure that's part of it, but it's also part perception,
regardless of how good it "looked"

truth is, the spray'n wipe only residential niche cleaners would have a rough way to go if not for the myriad of "wet for 3 days" hacks out there.
Those are the prospects most receptive to spray'n wipe cleaning

..L.T.A.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
The colloidal silver is just a gimmick as is ReleASiT'S Tea Tree oil.

Not enough in the product to make a difference.

Maybe a difference in sales?

Wasn't there a guy In KEnTUcky who drank that colloidal silver for years and turned BLUE?

John G

I only have done minimal TM cleaning, and I dont' bash it, I am NOT against it, I realize that anyone who does it and does it well, does a good job.

That being said, it isn't about a OP'r thinking HWE is substandard, the problem is HWE'rs thinking OP is substandard and usually for one of two reasons, one no experience with it, two didn't try to master it. Both if they were about HWErs would drive most here nuts. I do not assume HWE are bad cleaners with a few good ones, nor do I think the bad ones are representative of all HWErs. However that is often the perception of many HWErs people about OP. They are flat out wrong and simply do NOT know what they are talking about.

I hillbilly speak, they talk out their ass with no knowledge.

Now if a OPr talks about HWE like that, man the place comes alive, but they willing except HWE'rs who don't know dink to comment on the capabilities of OP. Double standard? You bet, and that is what I come after every time I see it.

I did a demo in St. Louis with a carpet cleaner from this bbs who didn't think much of OP, we cleaned the home of a guy he bought his business from. That man didn't want anything to do with this little machine coming into his house to clean his carpet. He has his mind made up, but I talked him into letting us show him what we could do, I did two rooms the cleaner did the rest of the house, he posted here what the owner said AFTER he had a clue what we did, he PREFERRED the OP.. That is so often the case, guys ASSume the reasons for OP being good for this or that, but seldom KNOW because they listen to dipsticks with opinions based on NOTHING. That is one of the biggest problems with bbs's, there are too much bs.

If someone has a problem with a job with OP, I will try to help, and usually can, however if someone just makes stupid ASSumptions about why it will or will not do this or that type job, then I get on them.

Your assumption that wet for 3 day hacks are what cause a great OP market are baloney as well, we go against the best they have here and have NEVER had a problem doing at LEAST as good a job.. operator? Method? I don't care what the reason is, I just go about pleasing customers and don't worry about WHY.

Wayne Miller

Name
Wayne Miller
You wouldn't lick the bottoms of your shoes....or your pets, and that's what carpet sees, and worse, all day, every day. So, no matter what level of "clean" you think you achieve today, it's of little consequence in a matter of days. Even the degree of clean is subjective. If it looks clean, it is. And, what a easy claim to make when there's no way to prove otherwise.

There are few surfaces we clean as infrequently as we do carpet. Sometimes we take ourselves a little too seriously.

John Watson

We know Jeremy's problem "Lack of nookie"

John G, Well, He is John G. Patty didn't just have another did she????

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
John, don't get me wrong I've seen proof that you can get exceptional results with op. I guess the bottom line is I don't have the balls to spin that rag in someones home. Mainly because of the response of my wife and a few customers who have used Chem-dry in the past and made their concerns known about the actually removing or lack of removing the chemical and pollutants from the carpet.

John G

See now Joey that kind of talk I understand, and ChemDry caused a lot of their own problems... LOL

I also have no problem with someone not WANTING to use the method, good grief we all use what we like or works for us.

R

R W

I'm still using my Conqueror, although I hear it's an antique compared to the newer ones.

Problem is, I keep losing or leaving the pads behind, and they ain't cheap!!!! Plus....I hate washing them.

tim

I stopped using OP in residential situations because of the loose twist nylons around town. You have to watch them like a hawk for fiber distortion even with the thickest glide and best prespray. Tuway pads cut down on this but did not clean as well and tends to throw water. The cleaning of pads and cost of replacement was also a turnoff. That being said, I never had anyone question my method of cleaning. They just wanted it clean. I amazed people with how great the carpets looked and it was quick set up and tear down! No wickback issues either. I did not like coming across urine, ink or gum that might require a good rinsing. I know vacaway makes good lm spotters but they never worked as well to me as the products made to extract. Lots of great things about OP and I dont hesitate to pull it out for wickback issues or cleaning small areas. For cgd, it works great stand alone or prescrub for hwe

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom