A message for suppliers that don't come here

Bob Foster

It might be like expecting the light to be on in the refrigerator when the door is shut but I'll give it a try. Just like us carpet cleaners who don't want their competition participating here - the same goes for manufacturers.

Their lack of participation here is not only a loss for them but for us as well.

And John Olson before you come on about this place being too rough on suppliers and manufactures let me ask you how much business the internet and boards have helped you earn your good living(notice I said earn).

Like it was stated on the other thread places like this, FB etc will be of even greater influence than they are now. On-line training, on-line socializing, on-line buying, on-line reviewing, what part of this don't these suppliers get?

Name
Shawn Forsythe
The climate would have to be much more amenable to an objective upstanding business atmosphere before most self-respecting companies would want to subject their reputation to unfettered assassination by unrestrained attack.

They are not that desperate.

I support Olson.

Name
Shawn Forsythe
At my peril. LOL

I don't come here to promote a business. Nor would I want to.

The board attempts to strike a balance between hard edged humor, camaraderie and mutual business help. While it can be done, it is not implemented in the manner conducive to that which I mentioned earlier. There is an awful lot of favoritism and outward subjectivity. I am used to it, and have "survived" it. Not a lot of others may want to do so. You can't make everyone happy.

Bob Foster

I think in a way both you and John support my point by being here. We are very appreciative of your help AND your friendships. Some people do get kicked around here but I think most of us have seen this place soften up a bit too.

That doesn't mean we can't call a spade a spade.

b]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdyTO_UI0uMb]

Mikey P

Administrator
Shawn and John

Why do you suppose Bill Bruders, arguably the CEO of the largest Manufacture in the biz, shows so much support to us worthless imbeciles?

And John Lababrbarara,
Why does he?

Name
Lee Stockwell
A few others are lurkers here as well. I won't "out" them, but encourage them to participate.

If for no other reason than to share their history of the industry with us.

Name
Shawn Forsythe
Mikey P said:
Shawn and John

Why do you suppose Bill Bruders, arguably the CEO of the largest Manufacture in the biz, shows so much support to us worthless imbeciles?

And John Lababrbarara,
Why does he?

I bet they(their reasons) are consistent with that which I have outlined.

For every thing I mentioned, there are beneficiaries and those who definitely are not.

Bob Foster

Lisa I beleive its because some of them lurk here. I agree with Shawn's assertion that some have judged this place too risky to get involved.

I believe there is a big upside to being honest and interactive with your customers, even when as a manufacturer you make a few goofs. Look at all the crap that Mytee had with their Boss Sprayer but he hung in there and got it right. We got a better designed product and he gets full credit for caring.

But if a manufacturer-supplier wanted an audience just as eager to give them good ideas as they were to slam them then that manufacturer might see a return for enduring this place. Through genuineness and integrity in their dealings mixed in with sometimes over-the-top criticism most suppliers have found it rewarding to be here.

You guys all talk about the board favorites, well how the hell do you think they got to be board favorites?

Gary Taylor

I believe that the importance of these boards to our industry is often times exaggerated by the participants of the boards. I believe that the percentage of those that participate by either reading or lurking is a small percentage compared to those carpet cleaners that do not lurk or participate. So this I believe would make for a reason why more reps/distributors/manufacturers, and the like do not participate. That and the fact that they may suffer the phenomenon of being the boards current favorite sons, to only fall to be the boards S.O.B.’s

Name
Shawn Forsythe
Bob Foster said:
You guys all talk about the board favorites, well how the hell do you think they got to be board favorites?

Bribery, extortion, cronyism, nepotism, patronage, graft, and a warm smile.
People like to think all takes is a tattoo, but they don't count for squat. :p

Bob Foster

Shawn Forsythe said:
Bribery, extortion, cronyism, nepotism, patronage, graft, and a warm smile.
People like to think all takes is a tattoo, but they don't count for squat. :p
You forgot one thing.... 8)

skype.jpg

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Bill Bruders only showed up after being barbecued here for supposed sins against Vortex. If you want the other manufacturers to participate, maybe you need to create a controversy and then attack them until they feel they have to defend themselves.

Seeing how things worked out, there could be Mikeyfests all over the country sponsored by those manufacturers.

Name
Danny Strickland
Mikey P said:
Ok, but why does he (and John) continue to participate?

$$$$$$$$$$

they're business men, if they can make a buck and reach potential future revenue streams they will. Doesn't hurt that they make a good product.

Klepto Kenny could spend 24/7 on here and hire hookers to service cleaners at MFxxx at his booth and couldn't pay for his bus fare and camp site with the box cutter shaved crap he'd push on here!!!!

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Why can't you just accept the fact they simply don't want to participate, and they don't owe you an explanation. If you're so worried about it call the CEO's up and ask them. Otherwise you're beating a dead horse. The way you've gone about it and how its been said could be construded as you're saying they have something to hide, perhaps even offensive - 'calling them out'.

roro

Name
Ross Craig
Mikey P said:
because they are floating between level 2 and level 4 of Maslow's Hierarchy whereas some here are locked at level 1. thathurts

roro

Name
John LaBarbera
I don't come here to sell anything, it actually cost me to be here. Did you see the ad? It's not free. I probably give more stuff away (not to you, so don't ask) then I have ever sold.

But the # 1 reason I'm here is it keeps me humble. (it's like when you come home from a good day at work, feeling pretty good about your accomplishments, and your wife tells you the garbage has to go out.) Mikey understands.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
They got to know you outside your board personality and like the fact that you're a good guy with a sense of humor. Sorry to blow your cover.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
John nailed it. I lose money advertising on mikeysboard. I come here because I LIKE TO. I love Mikey like the brother my mother never had but would have put up for adoption if she did :mrgreen:

Bob you asked
And John Olson before you come on about this place being too rough on suppliers and manufactures let me ask you how much business the INTERNET and boards have helped you earn your good living(notice I said earn).

Why do you think I earn a good living? Not that it is any of your business but if both me and Lora did not put in 10-12 hrs a day we wouldn't have a "good living" I can say there are 4 or 5 guys that started buying from us from mikeysboard. All combined the profit that has come directly from Mikeysboard is less then what I have "spent" on advertising and supporting mikeysboard.

Now I am NOT COMPLAINING even if I received 0 sales I will ALWAYS support Mikeysboard. I consider you guys part of my family, dysfunctional as it is.

Now this next part is gonna sting but why would Prochem or Hydra Master or Butler or Masterblend or anyone else want to come here when the board and it's moderators are so vocally biased toward very 1 or 2 companies? If all the main people are pushing the agenda of a select few and slam all others then what do they have to gain? I am asking not attacking (see above) this is the hard cold truths, this is not opinion. Please do not try to explain away why you do what you do just look at it objectively and from their view not your own. I am sure you'll have the light bulb go off.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
My distribution business gets its fair share of business from people who have gotten to know me here.

The reason I started to particpate when Mike began Mikeysboard was mostly for research, though. I often said that I can get a better understanding of how carpet cleaners feel about products and industry issues here than I might get in the classroom and the showroom.

Since I've left the IICRC as a trainer, its helping me now as I develop the new types of programs I'll be teaching in both in person and on line.

Bob Foster

My agenda for this thread might not have been obvious but it was to bring out more understanding on how to get more vendors to participate here as I believe it would be better for all concerned.

The first point that comes across and is obvious to most everyone is there appears to be some partiality shown to friendly suppliers. And we all know who they are. Most of them deserve their positive reputation because of what they have done for us. And I mean us as in members and not just because of any friendship those people might have with Mike and others.

Another point is we suffer what members of this board see as poor performing vendors very badly and to some they would say treat too harshly.

So in order to equalize the playing field its up to us to be as fair as possible with our comments based on fact and also to let it be known that we could try to be nicer to them. But the problem with that is we don't want to be put into a situation of censoring people so we won't.

If however it is perceived that some vendor is being treated overly harsh all any member has to do is speak up and counter any negative criticism with their own positive experiences they have had with that vendor.

All I want is to see more suppliers here and make sure that its mutually beneficial for them and the members.

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
They don't come here for the same reason you don't find them on any of the other boards.

Don't take it personal.

Mikey P

Administrator
I would like to take this unique opportunity to publicly apologize to Ed Valentine, freeflow, Joe Bristor and Shawn York.

I am sorry.

Now kiss my ass and please start posting again.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom