A near perfect break down.

Becker

Name
Becker
All break downs are a PITA, but this one worked out nicely.

I just wrapped up my 1st job, was running ahead even.

Phone rings, it is my tech. Don, I lost water pressure went to van and water is spraying from the console.

1st part of perfection. I was less than 2 miles from him.

2nd part of perfection. The driveway and private road allowed me to park in a way to unhook from his machine and hook to mine getting him rolling on this large vacant again.

A hose leading from one heat exchanger to the other had broke where it had been rubbing over the years.

I texted him the job info 2 my next appointment, He finished there and completed the next job from my van, other vacants can wait.

Getting the hose out was a pita on the performer.

3rd part. Hose shop built me a new hose right after I walked in the door and sent me on my way, while I had the machine opened up I also replaces a couple of radiator hoses.

Cameron finished the day as I was test running the performer. He pulled up transferred gear back to his van and away he was.

So, if a hose had to burst today was the day!

Best part I guess, is not a single client knew the difference.

Ahh...

Name
Lee Stockwell
Another beauty of having the second van.

We keep spares of the 405 internal hoses. Made them a little longer than stock so they can be interchangeable.

Thought of using QCs like Butler does to make them easier to change....but didn't yet

Becker

Name
Becker
I don't know about all you others. But this was no easy replacement. Not a task Id care to do in the clients driveway. The crap I had to remove just to get to it was crazy.

May failure was not inspecting the machine properly.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Some of those are in such a tough location to reach that they are best removed with a crows foot. Not something everyone has in there van tool box.

Becker

Name
Becker
HA HA,,, I run a thermalwave in my van, love it. a decent deal on another came up, and I'd love for both my vans to have the same equpiment.

As I reshearch it, I think the 405 might be worth more to me than selling it, so I might just put it in the shop for my 3rd van down the road.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Its worth a lot, it can make you a ton of money and last forever.

However selling it you're subject to what someone will pay. Older machine, no longer being manufactured, with suspect control panel all hurt you.

I have an 805 we don't use enough and I've thought about selling it many times. But then I always come back to what it will cost to replace it. So I've hung on to it.

Back
Top Bottom