A NEW service to add to your arsenal! Promote to your existing customer base!

Name
Ezra Clark
I am new to the carpet cleaning industry. I have been in the HOme Imp industry all my life. I own a seamless gutter company (we install gutters and gutter guards). As a cleaning company you can promote gutter cleaning (while you are there, or whatever). It would take one guy on the average house 20 min for $80-$120.

The real profits come in when you tell them you clean gutters and you also install gutter guards. If you are offering the right product it can be intalled easily, realy keeps the crap out of the gutters(warranty), and takes up very little room on your van.

Make on average $600 in an hour. :lol:

Reactions: Derek

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
The real profits come in when you tell them you clean gutters and you also install gutter guards. If you are offering the right product it can be intalled easily, realy keeps the crap out of the gutters(warranty), and takes up very little room on your van.

you keep an 24ft extension ladder on your van too??

..l.T.A.

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
I think there's. A big jump in insurance premiums once you have employees using ladders.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
They do make a collapsable extension ladder, takes up little room, but yeah thats another thing you need.
here is one
http://www.hayneedle.com/sale/xtend...=43791992982&gclid=CNnHh-Hr1rICFexAMgodIlgAVQ

That's still about 9' short.

Mikey could probably manage with the length of his arms, but not a short-arse like me.

Please tell me how you do the cleaning ie; with a vacuum, or how ?

Also enlighten me as to how I could make $600.00 per hour.

600.00 USD
=574.242 AUD ................Damn

Last edited by a moderator:

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
They do make a collapsable extension ladder, takes up little room, but yeah thats another thing you need.
here is one
http://www.hayneedle.com/sale/xtend...=43791992982&gclid=CNnHh-Hr1rICFexAMgodIlgAVQ

I've seen those, Ezra .
Been considering one since i first saw them a couple years ago

Please tell me how you do the cleaning ie; with a vacuum, or how ?

simplest/cheapest way, Shorty, is to take a 5gal bucket up the ladder , put gutter gunk in bucket ...empty as needed

Depending on the property and surrounding landscaping, you can walk the roof and blow out leaves and seeds with a gas leaf blower
(serious easy money there when conditions are right)
We do that on one property we service

however, we keep CC'ing van separate from the contractor/maintenance wagon ..too many tools need carried for one van to do both jobs right (with all the stuff we do anyway)

..l.T.A.

Name
Ezra Clark
Larry has the right idea for cleaning the gutters out, if you wait for the gutters to dry up (a few days after a rain) you should be able to use a leafblower, easy money. If the house is tall or a steep roof the price goes up(another trip with a bigger ladder, extra time). The $600 an hour is for the easy houses about 85% are easy.

check out versaguard.net

similar to what we use but more simple to put in (the stuff we use we get a better price on by the pallet). There is a video on there of a guy installing it. After you see him installing it you will see how you make $600.00 an hour. $4-$6 a ft above your cost and our insurance isn't that bad, its roofing that is real bad.

simplest/cheapest way, Shorty, is to take a 5gal bucket up the ladder , put gutter gunk in bucket ...empty as needed

Depending on the property and surrounding landscaping, you can walk the roof and blow out leaves and seeds with a gas leaf blower
(serious easy money there when conditions are right)
We do that on one property we service

however, we keep CC'ing van separate from the contractor/maintenance wagon ..too many tools need carried for one van to do both jobs right (with all the stuff we do anyway)

..l.T.A.[/QUOTE]

Name
Ezra Clark
Many people may have you clean them out a few times a year 2-3, and then after a while they keep seeing the gutter guard picture on your hand out when you clean their carpet and clean their gutters, they bite the bullet and get the guards. Your customers are already happy with your work, might as well capitalize on that. Otherwise they have to trust someone they have never done business with and take a chance. Clean their carpet, tile, furniture, ducts, and now their gutters, its all cleaning, and the guards are the most profitable part, when they are ready. No hard sell just being the good guy looking out for their best interest (their saftey, and their finished basement getting wet from unmaintained gutters). And for the water damage guys, after you are done cleaning up the mess in the basement, you can educate the homeowners on how you can eliminate the risk of this ever happening again!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom