A nice thank you note from a client

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
We have been real busy past couple of weeks.

Son in law clocked in 63 hours the week before (no clue what I would have had) and has 29.25 hours of overtime this pay period!

We had an elderly gentleman last week that lived about an hour away. Got a call to see if we could get to him because he was moving into a different house with some of his furniture the next day.

Looked like no way I could get to him, got some things moved around and left a message that we could make it by 3 pm. He eventually called back and let us know the original company he had scheduled called and said they would be there by 3 pm.

Figured, ok...at least he is taken care of, will just fill schedule with someone else as we are so overbooked.

Got home around 5:30 pm, sitting down finally for some food, son in law done and home about 3 pm.....

Gentleman calls at 5:45 pm, other company did not show....wondered if we could get him in the next week as I earlier had told him we had an opening.....actually filled that spot.....

So disappointing to have to tell him that....

But told him, how about If I make the trip yet tonight and we will get it done yet that evening.....

Dead silence on the phone....(had to ask if he was still there)

He asked "you would really do that?" Yep....will be on the way....(and my son in law saddled up in the other van that my wife drove to him)

We rocked the place out, made $500 for our time on site (1.5 hours with 2 vans)...gave my son in law a $100 bill out of my pocket as well as extra pay....

And just made an elderly persons night and more!

Today I came home to such a nice note. Really felt his heart felt appreciation.

Just one of those times I always wrestle with if I made the correct decision to go out of my way a bit to take care of someone.

We were very tired.....but still felt really good doing this one....

2014-06-30180958_zps5cf90237.jpg

2014-06-30181057_zps72592276.jpg

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
It's nice when a customer appreciates us. This work is hard and simply showing up at a job can be a Herculean effort, especially after all your other jobs and obligations are taken care of.

Reactions: Mark Saiger

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom