a rookie and a back pack vacuum..

Mikey P

Administrator
We Vortex'd 8 large classrooms the other day.

My new guy saw the carpet streaking as he was cleaning so tried some different wanding techniques but them more he varied his approach the worse it got.

my son had never seen this before and thought it would dry ok..

nope.

Turns out a back pack/ non beater bar vacuum is used in this room for some reason yet to be discovered and having not Wernerized it, it instantly wicked.

Easy fix for a Cimex.

If I had been there I would have post padded with our 175 and a misting of encap.

Live and learn..

20130731_141320_zps9219942d.jpg

Lonny

Supportive Member
Betcha a doughnut if you took a gander in that backpack vacuum, you'd find a full filter..... and the doughnut I just wagered:razz:

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Backpacks are great for production and detail but still need a vacuum with a brush in the rotation.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I'm not arguing with you about the vacuum at all, but I will say this.

We just got through cleaning 15,000 s.f. at a local private school and I saw the same thing happen. I was vacuuming before my son with the backpack vac (I only use it on large CGD jobs) and we were doing fine, until my son lost his mind for a moment and started cleaning like he was on speed, or sumptin. I came in and caught him going 90 miles and hour and leaving the carpet soaked. I went into the classrooms he had cleaned prior to this and it looked almost just like your picture. I had to slow his butt down and make him re-do everything he had done that morning.

The vacuum may have played a role in my situation, but I blame it mostly on his momentary insanity.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
We usually use a conquest for commercial carpet vacuuming on a 1x job, dam good brush. Little heavy but does a great job.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom