A sad day for this industry..

Mikey P

Administrator
I hear rumor that the one and only Mike Waldo Waldron is getting out...

Took another full time job.

an institution is gone.

Waldo's top 25 could never be duplicated.

Lets bow our heads for the fine home owners in Iowa City who will have to slum it with that multi Vortex dick.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Yeah, really. As long as he is doing what makes him and his family happy.

Good luck to you Mr. Waldo.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
AdamHale said:
good for him

I Agree....Waldo has a beautiful family...and SHOULD do what is BEST FOR THEM...!!!!!

"There is NO shame in doing what is right for your family....."

BRAVO...When those children get a little older he can.."CHASE HIS DREAM AGAIN"

Best Wishes
HARPER

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Brian R said:
Yeah, really. As long as he is doing what makes him and his family happy.

Good luck to you Mr. Waldo.

Rumor has IT....he was taking AdvisE of a local GURU....in the MMM room... :shock:

Keep-up the good work.... :oops:

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I thought he bought too much equipment and tried to rape some old folks our of their company?

Oh Wait!

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
wave.gif

Becker

Name
Becker
What is so sad about it.

The guys has a zillion kids, a full time job as a prison guard, and tries to run a business.

Seems like the right choice.

Hopefully it will allow more time with his great family...

Nothing wrong with a good paying fill time job..

Becker

Name
Becker
Mike, the fact is Waldo has been at this for many many years.. I'm not sure, but I recall talking to him online at or before Alex was born.. so 11 years ago..

If he has been unable to pull it together in 11 years to go full time then he is better off working for the man.

Way more money to be made runnig your own show, but the guy has a zillion kids, and I'd not be suprised if another is not in the oven.

If he is not the type to be his own boss then he is better off getting rid of dead weight and spending more time with his family.

We have all seen many others die off to full time employment. And we will see more.

Not all are cut out to work for themselves.

I sometimes question if I am, however I have been self employed all my life.. never drawing a 1040.. ever.

So what do I know.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Ok, I guess I'll say it.

Where's Waldo?

Hey Melon Head, try to get him on the hot seat will ya?

I gotta do everything around here. :roll:

F

FB7777

Mike Waldron is one of my favorite posters ever.

I only talked with him on the phone once and only about 6 months ago.

He has 3 beautiful kids and wife, works like a dawg and I bet he cleans carpet like a Top 25 er :mrgreen:

The big thing I got from my conversation about his business was that damned trap of such enormous financial responsibility

You can't leave the full time gig unless the business grows enough and is STEADY enough to sustain

and you can't GROW the business enough and have it steady enough because you have a fulltime job

damned Catch 22

Waldo is awesome, I want nothing but the best for him and his family

Fred

PS and that POS that jacked him out of funds for restoration work a few years ago needs to rot in hell

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
Having personally spoken to two seperate small business owners that have closed the doors and gone into FT employment, initially there was that gut instinct they had 'failed', but once the stress left, and the regularity of Mon to Fri, 8-5 kicked in, no mounting bills, regular weekly paycheck, they are loving it.

One was in our industry, another in different industries.

I heard about two more local businesses closing up this week. One a $2 shop, the other a supplier to the joinery/cabinetry industry.

Things are definitely tough, three of these four have been in business ownership for well over 10 years each excluding the $2 shop, I don't know their specifics. These are not new start ups that couldn't make the grade. These are in teh minority of start ups that made it past the legendary 10 year mark.

One guy was in building... they majored in sheds, they couldn't sell enough to keep all contractors on.

One in carpet cleaning... once a strong brand locally, slowly dwindled away.

The $2 shop can't compete with the illegal nonsense of Chinese fly-by-nighter type companies. They open up, flood the market with cheap junk, illegal brand named knockoffs etc and the close up before the authorities catch up with them. Then their brother opens three doors down and does the same thing. Different business name, the authorities can't do what they need to do. They need 50 complaints before they can move in.

The joinery supplier, had a strenght in products that have dated with trends. All his venture and capital is no longer in demand. Sure, he has tried to keep abreast of trends, but the volume that he made the basis of his business is now history.

Just goes to show that none of us are immune to the economic storms that are around. It's easy for us to sit back (sometimes judgmentally) and critique anothers closure, but it's not always easy to critique our own businesses as is so often needed.

Waldo, if you have moved on, all the best as many here have wished you. I really hope you can achieve your goals through a different set of circumstances.

John

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
Went over this morning to clean a kitchen for a customer for a minn charge. Well I ended up extracting water from a basement they unplugged the sump pump for some reason. Im back in the game. Had a bad week last week wanted to throw in towel. I dont script my posts and have never claimed to be a high roller. I am a True Broke Dick Carpet Cleaner.

Golden Boy

PS-For the Top 25ers. Working on Saturdays is a must. Honing your skills on a Saturday is puts you on the top.

F

FB7777

Waldo said:
Went over this morning to clean a kitchen for a customer for a minn charge. Well I ended up extracting water from a basement they unplugged the sump pump for some reason. Im back in the game. Had a bad week last week wanted to throw in towel. I dont script my posts and have never claimed to be a high roller. I am a True Broke Dick Carpet Cleaner.

Golden Boy

PS-For the Top 25ers. Working on Saturdays is a must. Honing your skills on a Saturday is puts you on the top.
and here I posted a heartfelt carpet cleaning eulogy on your behalf

I take back all that nice crap I said about you

Back
Top Bottom