A sexy connection picture!

Becker

Name
Becker
sexy_vegas.jpg

But, I have to tell ya.
I was amazed to hear the new Vortex, I'd bet it was queiter than Matts baby.

I'm not putting Matt machine down, just amazed how quiet the vortex beast is!

steve g

Name
steve garrett
that looks pretty cool however I think it would have been better to have the machine all the way on the other side of the van, right at the side door, that way you could store stuff behind it, its not going to be very convient to store stuff in front of the machine, or they could have just had the instrument panel and controls mount right under the top of the side door outline, that way you could really put stuff infront of the machine and not care about it or need to move it to use the machine. also some shelving over the top of the machine would be nice for storing air movers and such, the remote instrument and control panel would probably be the easiest way to accomplish what I am talking about

Becker

Name
Becker
I agree, and prehaps that is why the machine is not in mass production.

Here would be my idea.

I understand why the machine is mounted where it is.

But how about a remote gauge and control panel mounted somewhere closer to the door?

Maybe mounted in the ceiling at the door opening?

Then all that space could be used.

A litlle extra hose and wire and the control panle could be mounted anywhere.

Able 1

Name
Keith
Totally agree with that, weird set up, not so sexy!

Keith

Greenie

um....guys, you turn the unit on from the drivers door, heck you could probably do it while seated, and the sol.line QD is just a gentle lean in the side door, it's much more user friendly than it looks, although nothing wrong with a remote hook-up over by the filterbox.

WD guys would be all over this unit.

asupremeclean

This was my fav from the show. Coming from a Butler guy. The space is amazing. Let's see this thing loaded with the hose reels and all the tools. Then we can judge for real.

I agree the remote closer to the door would be nice.

BTW What is with Butler? They should have come to Connections with the 2 1/2" version instead of the same old same old.
I wouldn't think it would be that hard for a company with everything at their disposal to at least try to expand into the 2 1/2" realm.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
The mentality of some of yous is amazing.....

Steve g...this is a PTO and that's where it goes! look at all that empty usable space......that's left!
It's frickin' PERFECT!

closer to the door????
God..it's good that i can't crawl thru this screen.......

Jay D

Name
Jay D
A question that I have, How much Money for these Matt King steam-genie AND What RPM does the 47 blower turn at? Nice machine but what is the cost of it.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
bob vawter said:
The mentality of some of yous is amazing.....

Steve g...this is a PTO and that's where it goes! look at all that empty usable space......that's left!
It's frickin' PERFECT!

closer to the door????
God..it's good that i can't crawl thru this screen.......

bob what you are not getting is what we are saying, all of us are thinking about actually using all that space, because IMO if you could it would be the shiznizzle, take that silver panel that the gauges and controls are mounted on and move it to a bracket that hangs from the ceiling that would allow it to stick down just below the side door opening, you could monitor the gauges and adjust things without crawling all over the stuff that would be in front of the machine. extend the QD for the machine to the filter box, this would make essentially all machine operations without even getting inside the van, put all wiring in a harness with conduit and plugs on the truckmount end and control panel end, the plugs similar to trailer hook up plugs ya know what I mean, this could even allow a person to essentially mount the control panel anywhere they want.

I totally agree with the comments on butlers, I know guys are very happy with them, but man when I look in their trucks the unit, tanks and reels take up ALL the room, there has to be something they could do to save some room in those, why not mount the waste tank under the machine itself. all that area above the console is wasted

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Steve....the way that machine is put together would make what you're trying to say...impossible, as the regulator by pass is mounted right on that panel and NEEDS to be close to the pump.......as well as all the rest of the controls....man you jus lean in and operate it...no big deal!

asupremeclean

:shock: Easy Bob... I said it would be nice...not neccesary.

God..it's good that i can't crawl thru this screen....... (and....)

Ed

Name
Ed Prevost
I thought the same thing as Greenie. I like the wide open space. Leaves lots of room for equipment. I'm getting ready to strip down one of our Butlers to make room. Remove shelving and fresh water tank.

G

I have 2 Steam Genie's one I had the hose reel in the side door and one in the back, I do like that you have some room in the side door area, but when you get the reels and water tanks in its all the same.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom