A used CRB?

FLYERMAN

Supportive Member
Name
Ken Raddon
Can you guys that are so good at finding used CRB machines help me find one?

I have looked off and on for weeks and never see them and then all of a sudden someone says they got one off (insert internet site of choice).

Also if I have to go new, and I am not completely against it, what do you suggest?

Name
Nate W.
What you looking to use it for Kenny? I've been constantly looking for a used one myself. I thought you bought a Orbot?

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
Ken,

The Procaps machine I just got I found after looking for months. It was pure chance I found it on the local Craigslist, because the words CRB, brush, Procaps, etc. weren't even in the listing. He had it listed as a Prochem Carpet Cleaner! I will keep an eye out and let you know if I find anything.

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
if you are going to buy new, here is a recent post about someone's opinion as to which is the best:

randy said:
.....We have had the Host CRB, the Invironclean unit (the old blue one from Masterblend) , the unit from Orbatech, Whittikers, Brush n clean & the Cimex. The most durriable of the CRB's would be the Orbitech, a solid well built unit but very heavy for residential work. Over all I prefer the Brush n clean unit for residential work....

Scott Rogers

I have a new (used 1 time) orbitech cbm with spray system I would let go. Its too large for residential IMO and I dont have enough commercial work to justify keeping it. I also have 2 other cbms, a Whitaker and a portascrub. I use the Whitaker on most jobs, the portascrub I use to scrub Tile and grout.

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
used crb's are tough to find. I remember about a year ago two of them showing up on ebay. They sold for 650 and 450 for the stainless hood whittaker lomac. Those are 2,400 new. Finding a host machine is much easier but they are not fast enough or big enough for my liking.

ronbeatty

Name
Ron Beatty
I have a Whitaker for sale, PM me if you are interested.
DSC_0241.jpg

A

amazingcleansc

i have a host reliant with zebra brushes that you can have for 400. lighter than procaps and handle swivels so you can move it much easier.

Grant D

A used host machine with zebra brushes will beat a procaps any day, and probably last years longer. There's your deal right there. The "sprayer" on the more expensive procaps machines is just one 01 tip anyhow, sprays so slow it's pretty much worthless anyway.

Dirtmonger

Ever consider the Nacecare Duplex? It is a CRB with a built in reservoir to dispense solution and a conveyor/squeegee system to pickup solution thrown off of the brushes. It has a larger motor for durability and the handle rotates to either side and activates the on switch. Also a neat feature is that it doesn't need a tray to store the unit on to prevent damage to the brushes. When the handle is raised to the upright position it lifts the brushes off of contact with the floor. Really a well designed machine from Europe. It's a little pricey but in a class of its own featurewise. I have one don't really use it much though. If you get one order the dolly for it as well.

http://www.nacecare.com/products/dp420

Name
Nate W.
Dirtmonger said:
Ever consider the Nacecare Duplex? It is a CRB with a built in reservoir to dispense solution and a conveyor/squeegee system to pickup solution thrown off of the brushes. It has a larger motor for durability and the handle rotates to either side and activates the on switch. Also a neat feature is that it doesn't need a tray to store the unit on to prevent damage to the brushes. When the handle is raised to the upright position it lifts the brushes off of contact with the floor. Really a well designed machine from Europe. It's a little pricey but in a class of its own featurewise. I have one don't really use it much though. If you get one order the dolly for it as well.

If I'm not mistaken, Ben Surdi had one. I believe Able1 got it now with the TM purchase that was made. I'd ask them to chime in. The machine looks pretty heavy though. :)

Able 1

Name
Keith
Nate The Great said:
Dirtmonger said:
Ever consider the Nacecare Duplex? It is a CRB with a built in reservoir to dispense solution and a conveyor/squeegee system to pickup solution thrown off of the brushes. VERY COOL! It has a larger motor for durability and the handle rotates to either side and activates the on switch. Also a neat feature is that it doesn't need a tray to store the unit on to prevent damage to the brushes. When the handle is raised to the upright position it lifts the brushes off of contact with the floor. Really a well designed machine from Europe. It's a little pricey but in a class of its own featurewise. I have one don't really use it much though. If you get one order the dolly for it as well.

If I'm not mistaken, Ben Surdi had one. I believe Able1 got it now with the TM purchase that was made. I'd ask them to chime in. The machine looks pretty heavy though. :)

The thing is bad ass Nate I aint letting it go :D ... I will give up the Winsor though, not cause I don't like it just cause I don't use it anymore.

FLYERMAN

Supportive Member
Name
Ken Raddon
Thanks for all the feed back. I have sent some emails to the ones I would like to get more info on i.e. price/shipping.

Ken.

Name
Nate W.
Able 1 said:

The thing is bad ass Nate I aint letting it go :D ... I will give up the Winsor though, not cause I don't like it just cause I don't use it anymore.[/quote:j382cqhx]

Sweet! Is there different brushes available or 1 brush for all flooring? How easy is it to clean the brushes?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom