A wise man once said

you should look for at least three different solutions to a problem/situation and then choose one. A fool will jump on the first solution that pops into mind when a simpler solution may exist.

That is so true. I had to move large leather sofa last week. I knew it would not fit through my parents house so I decided to move it into my house. i wanted to move the sofa into the living room and the loveseat in the kitchen. The sofa went through the front door but it was a tight fit. The loveseat went through the front door but would not go into the kitchen. So I had to remove the legs which was a PITA. A simpler solution would have been to go through the back door, but I did not think of that until after the fact.

Now how does this apply to my hose/filter situation. I wanted to install dual 2.5 inch vac ports on my waste tank lid and run the hoses to the back of the truck. I wanted a custom filter box with dual 2.5 inch ports on one side and dual 2 inch on the opposite side. The filter box would have sat next to the hose reel for convenience. Before hacking my tank up and spending a lot of money on a filter box, I thought there has to be a simpler solution. Yes there is.

I fight with these poc in-line filters and have hoses in my way all day long. I can't leave them next to the machine because they will melt. Why even bother with the in-line filters.

Here is the simple solution. First I am going to have 25' hose sections for the first 200'. Most jobs I can do with 75'. If I have a larger run I can reduce hose as no longer needed for better performance. Swivel cuffs are what I am going with. My machine is dual port. I am going to pull two 25' sections of hose and use a "y" to connect down to one hose. What about the in-line filters? They are no longer needed. My tank has a great filter basket that I removed. All I have to do is drop it in the tank and clean it between jobs. The Everest tank has an easy acces lid. It is two small sections that are on a track. All I have to do is reach behind the driver seat, grab the basket, and clean it real quick between jobs. What if I have a small run and I don't want to run two 25' sections off the machine? Easy I can just hook the "y" right to the machine.

No more filters, no extra hose in the way, better performance, no modifications needed, and no extra cost to me.

Easy and simple.

Man that was fast. I placed my order with JD yesterday. My package was sitting on my front porch when I got home.

I ordered some Pros Choice FSR. I have a filtration soil job coming up. I also ordered a crevice tool. It does not have a spray attachment. It is just for vacuuming. I will have to use my solution line and a male connect to flood the base board and then use the crevice tool to suck the water up. I can use an upholstery tool to get the perimeter, but deep in the crevice the method I described should work great.

The bottle says it can be diluted up to 1:100. For severe soil it says use straight. It is not as thick as citrus gel, but it has a consistency of pancake syrup. I am going to dilute it 50:50, apply with spray bottle, use my grout brush to aggitate, clean around the edge with my upholstery tool, flood the edge with my solution line and male connect, and use the crevice tool to suck up the water in the crevice.

Any idea on what to charge.

I have to clean one room (I assume it is about 250 sq ft). I was going to charge around 200. I think that is fair. Just curious what others chrage. I was thinking 1.50 to 2 dollars per linear foot should be about right.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom